Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mostly an all mountain rider that enjoys speed and jumps off groomers. I don't have as much experience in the park but am thinking about hitting table tops more this winter. Looking for a board that gives me a ton of pop and great stability on landings so I don't hurt myself while I am learning on the kickers. I am thinking that the width of T. Rice may provide stability for landing jumps, but I am worried it could be too wide for my size 10 boot when I'm cruising the rest of the mountain. Anyone a size 10 or below that owns or has ridden a T. Rice? Any problems moving edge to edge?

Also seems to be a big gap between the T. Rice 157 and 161.5. I'm about 6 ft, 190 lbs. Is 157 too short?

And finally, for those of you that own or have ridden the TRS and the T. Rice, can you compare the jumping performance of both. Does the T. Rice pop as high as the TRS? Does the T. Rice provide a more stable landing?

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
waist on the Rice is 258 or 260 respectively. I think you'll be fine on the 157 unless you like riding longer boards. It's mid-wide not really "wide" so you should be OK with size 10 boot.

The T-Rice 157 is a blunt shape so while it measures at 157 it's effectively longer than measured, whereas the 161.5 is a pointier shape. Blunting the tips reduces swing weight makes the board easier to throw around, etc., whereas the pointier shape tends to be more pow specific.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts