Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys..
I just bought a burton bullet 09/10 as i found the reviews to be good and the price within my price range. I bought some Burton Custom bindings for the board and am ready to go. My problem is, im not sure this board is at the right level for me. I have ridden 3 weeks, and am able to take most pists without much trouble. What goes for my park riding, im not really able to do anything but jumping.. I read everywhere it is a beginner-intermediate board, but no definitions of what this really means. Will i learn anything on this board (both park and freeride) or am i already out of it's skill range?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm no ASII instructor or anything, but I think you'll be just fine. The board doesn't "really" have a mind of its own. It's Burton rated as a 2/10 in terms of feel, which means it's quite soft and mellow so you won't be fighting with a twitchy ultra-responsive board (this is a good thing).

Either way, if you can ride and even somewhat execute linked skidded turns, you wouldn't be horribly worse off on a vapor than on your bullet. Having a better board than what you're capable of (as long as you're not a TOTAL beginner) is not something to be afraid of.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hello guys..
I just bought a burton bullet 09/10 as i found the reviews to be good and the price within my price range. I bought some Burton Custom bindings for the board and am ready to go. My problem is, im not sure this board is at the right level for me. I have ridden 3 weeks, and am able to take most pists without much trouble. What goes for my park riding, im not really able to do anything but jumping.. I read everywhere it is a beginner-intermediate board, but no definitions of what this really means. Will i learn anything on this board (both park and freeride) or am i already out of it's skill range?
Boards don't have skill ranges. =)

Some boards are softer than others, some boards are stiffer than others. Some use much higher quality materials, and therefore cost more. Others use more budget-minded materials and cost less.

The Burton Bullet is a lower priced all mountain board, that will serve you just fine. It's a jack of all trades; ok at everything, great at nothing.

As long as you got the right size, you're fine. Three question:

How much do you weigh?
What size shoe are you?
What length board did you buy?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, thanks for your help so far :)
The board is 160cm, and as you probably know wide board.
I am 183cm's (6 feet), 78kg's (172 pounds) and a boot size 13us/46,5eur

1 - 5 of 5 Posts