Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Context: I’ve had this Dunkin Donuts board for about 8 years now after I get it off the side of the road for free as a neighbor was moving. I’m always pretty careful with the board. I never take it off the main trails, and I always place it on snow. I’ve been noticing that it’s begun to peel around the edges of the deck? and even chipped up in one spot. Has anyone had a shop fix something like this? Would epoxy work? I want to keep the board in an ok condition, and in addition, I just got a second one so I’d like the prevent the problem from happening again if even possible

·
Registered
779 Posts
It sounds like the layers of your board have begun to delaminate. This is unfortunate. If it's just a spot or two, you can use epoxy and clamp it back together as it dries. I use West Marine G-Flex epoxy. If the damage is rampant, it might be time to retire that board. Snowboards don't last forever, and promotional boards are usually beginner/rental level boards that I wouldn't expect to be built as well as pro models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts