Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i bought a 2008 153 bataleon goliath at the end of last year and when i bought it i knew it was too big but i was hoping to grow into it. Now i am 5'5" and 100 pounds. i ride groomers about 45 percent park 45 percent and 10 percent powder. I know this board is still too big but do you think it is to the point where it significantly affects my riding even when carving?

C

·
0 Posts
You will get used to it. You will be fine on groomers but not in the park- but its all relative. If you started out learning on a 153 you wouldn't be saying it is hard to learn on, you would just learn on it (so some extent of course). What size of board did you have before? I think you will be fine regardless, the Goliath is all mountain so it has some forgiveness.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank for the replies guys, i was looking at the 2010 burton v-rocker smalls 140, do you think this will work as a mostly park board?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you. how much of a difference is there between the custom v-rocker and custom v-rocker youth other than size

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys i wear a 7.5 boot will that work on the 145 wide burton custom v-rocker smalls, please help i only have 20 minutes left.

V

·
0 Posts
I'm 5'5 too but heavier. I used to ride a 152 banana but now ride a 147 artifact because yeah I thought it was too big for me too.
The Banana was stable off jumps and decent for jibbing. The artifact gets a little swirly going fast and the landings on jumps isnt as stable but its awesome with jibs.

It just depends on what your looking for in a board but I think 153 is fine if your still learning.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the help guys i didnt end up getting the one on ebay i was thinking about because looked like it was delaminating, but if anyone comes across a burton custom v-rocker 140 or 145, please let me know because i cant find one anywhere.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Take it from me. Learning on a board that is too big for you can hinder your progression. When I first started, I weighed 115lbs, 5'5", and bought a 157 Burton Custom. A skier sold me the board, and I trusted him. Needless to say, it was very tough for me to learn on. I progressed very quickly when I moved to a 151.

At your weight, a free ride board should be 148 max. Park board probably 145 max.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts