Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a new board on sale. When I got it, it had a pretty big scratch in the topsheet ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372212661.757195.jpg

Is this common with a NS board... I remember reading that carbonium gets scratched easily. I'm moderately annoyed but if this is going to happen the first time I go out it seems like its maybe not worth dealing with the etailer I bought it from.

All my other boards I've bought over the years have been flawless, so I'm just wondering if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I had one just like that when I bought my NS Heritage.

I've probably got 30+ days on it now & that's pretty much the only scratch.

Color it in with the appropriate color sharpie & you'll be all good.

TT

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry if its a bad pic. It's the silver line, it's about an inch long and it's pretty much etched into the topsheet. There are some lighter scratches around it. And yeah, those are not my best socks :)

I'm taking from the comments that it's not a big issue to worry about.

Now only 6 more months until I can try it out...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Mountain out of mole hill. You're going to be dealing with a ton of those scratches from skiers in the lift lines.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats no ding, thats a rift in spacetime that threatens to destroy the world. Send the deck to the address provided via pm so that they may properly handle the seriousness of this ding.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You'll get More scratches than that on your first skate to the lift...

ok to ride, if your looking for wall art then you might want to reconsider....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts