Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newish snowboarder. My first full season in about 5 years was last season and I ride a custom fv 151. Basically I just fuck around n have fun but i do go fast. Im workin on my 180s n 360s etc off everythin possible but i only str8 line the bigger jumps.

I want something grippier then the fv on groomers but i dont want it to just kill me and catch edges all over since I'm pretty far from dialing my spins. I feel like the fv really doesnt grip at all except on fresh snow. I rode a rental at whistler and thats what made me choose this board, but on groomers around vancouver and parks i dont like it always feel like im about to wash out.

I also want the board to be on the smaller side. And i dont want it to be any flimsier than the custom, preferably a little stiffer i think. I rode my gfs board, its a 145 chick board, really fun i liked the length and narrowness, but it was wayyy too bendy and no grip at all obv. What would be some good ideas to look at i have no idea where to start? I thought the gnu carbon copy in like a 148 or so might be a good one too look at from what ive heard. Suggestions?

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Flow Era 150, Salomon Villain 150, Bataleon Whatever 150, Burton Parkitect 150, or an Arbor Westmark 150.

Don't go smaller than that unless you decide you only ever want to ride park, and never really hit jumps bigger than 25ft.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
...I want something grippier then the fv on groomers but i dont want it to just kill me and catch edges..

Based on that I'd say your on the right track with the Gnu. Magnetraction does just that, grip well even on ice yet still is very forgiving for catching edges. Mervin boards, who make Lib-tech and Gnu all have magne.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flow Era 150, Salomon Villain 150, Bataleon Whatever 150, Burton Parkitect 150, or an Arbor Westmark 150.

Don't go smaller than that unless you decide you only ever want to ride park, and never really hit jumps bigger than 25ft.
Cool i was lookin at the parkitect and the villain. Parkitect would be good cos i could use my current bindings. feel like a sucker buyin new shit when im not a pro and mines perfectly fine lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts