Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im 6'3 185-190ish with size 13 boots....I currently ride a flow quantum 155w with a 26.1 cm waist and have no problems whatsoever with toe and heel drag

...so I want to pick up the new never summer proto ctx but I have heard it rides a few centimeters longer than it is because of the sidecut and blunted tips...so my question is do you think I could get away with getting the 152?! :eek:....its waist width is 25.8 cm which is only 3 mm narrower than what I ride now and I figured since the board rides longer than it is that it could work? :dunno:

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
448 Posts
At your weight the 52 might just be a tad short. Go with the 55. It will be more stable but still very light and playful. You can throw that thing around easily but carve it like on a 58. I have the 55 myself (180lbs, 5'11) and even though I like my boards shorter in general, I wouldn't downsize.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At your weight the 52 might just be a tad short. Go with the 55. It will be more stable but still very light and playful. You can throw that thing around easily but carve it like on a 58. I have the 55 myself (180lbs, 5'11) and even though I like my boards shorter in general, I wouldn't downsize.
thanks man im just worried it might be too hard to control on the rails

1 - 3 of 3 Posts