Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd say that looks pretty normal to me, but it's up to you. If you see it getting worse then by all means bring it to a shop but if it stays like that it's purely an esthetic blemish.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Nothing wrong with that board whatsoever. If you are really paranoid (flood insurance in the Rockies level) you can put a dab of epoxy on it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hey Ed:

First off, welcome!!!!!

Other than the fact that you now have a "used" board, don't give it a second thought. If you ride with any gusto, that is just the first of many such "notches in your belt".

Get it. Wax it. Ride it.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
You've been bashing into others in the lift queue clearly...!!! :giggle:

God i hate people like you, have some respect for others equipment, you will not get up the hill any faster...!!!

Haha

It is just day to day shit mate, don't stress, my board looks worse than that before i even make it to the slope, and that is just throwing it in the car...!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello Guys ,
just notice this chip on the nose of my burton. Was wondering if its normal and should i get it fixed straight away ?

any help is appreciated
cheers
Ed
Just adding to the reassurance, won't do your riding any harm whatsoever, unless you are planning on selling it any time soon (cosmetic damage) it is nothing to worry about.

What board is it out of interest?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks guys for the reassurance, I think I better get some epoxy and seal it up.

hey sam its a burton 2010 hero, I bought off trademe lol .. hey since ur a kiwi , any idea what epoxy brand / type I should buy in nz ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
hey thanks guys for the reassurance, I think I better get some epoxy and seal it up.

hey sam its a burton 2010 hero, I bought off trademe lol .. hey since ur a kiwi , any idea what epoxy brand / type I should buy in nz ?

Nice board, had a play on my mates, was good fun. I'm a brit living in kiwi land actually but same difference. I do my surfboard repairs with Solarez UV Epoxy Repair, I have used a bit on my snowboards before and works just fine, you can find this or something similar in most surf shops, if not online here Solarez UV Epoxy Repair Small :: Realsurf Shop

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice ! was wondering if there's a specific file i'll need to use to scrap off the excess epoxy resin ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts