Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
So normally I ride a 157 for all mountain and a 154 for park.
So anyways here's the thing.. I won a snowboard in a contest and it's a 152 which I think may be way to small.. Do you think there is any problems riding it or will it be fine?
Thanks in advance!
-Joshua

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
I don't have the answer for you, but have seen this question posted enough times to be able to give you the advice you need to "Get" your answer!

You need to pony up more info!
First; How much do you weigh? important!

How tall? Not that important but might have some relavence.

Boot size?

What do you hope to do with the board, what type riding?

What make, model is the board you won, and what makes models are you currently riding?

All that info will help people give you some sort of meaningful answer! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the answer for you, but have seen this question posted enough times to be able to give you the advice you need to "Get" your answer!

You need to pony up more info!
First; How much do you weigh? important!

How tall? Not that important but might have some relavence.

Boot size?

What do you hope to do with the board, what type riding?

What make, model is the board you won, and what makes models are you currently riding?

All that info will help people give you some sort of meaningful answer! :thumbsup:
I'm 130lbs.
6'1.
10 Boot.
Mostly park like jibs, rails, kickers, etc.
I won a Smoking Snowboard Team Deadlund 152atx.
Currently I ride a Lib Tech T.Rice Pro, and Lib Tech Burtner Box Scratcher.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
You can definitely ride that! But most important thing I think you will gain is the personal experience you will get from riding it and comparing it to what you already own!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can definitely ride that! But most important thing I think you will gain is the personal experience you will get from riding it and comparing it to what you already own!
Alrighty I wasn't sure cause I never rode that small of a board.. It's like right at my collar bone in height and I've always been told chin level or one or two sizes down for park.

·
Registered
964 Posts
2cm difference is hard to compare across two different brands. +/- 2cm of the same board may feel slightly different but when your talking about two completely different boards it's not so simple. Not only is that difference very small, but every board handles differently. They have different base profiles. All the board's specs come into play when it comes to handling.

Best way to find out is to try it out.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I wouldn't suggest you buy a 152 but because you won it and already own it and your weight is fairly close to its requirements. Your weight is what makes the board flex. Have you mounted bindings on it yet? Put your boots in them and check the heel toe drag or overhang?

·
Registered
83 Posts
2cm difference is hard to compare across two different brands. +/- 2cm of the same board may feel slightly different but when your talking about two completely different boards it's not so simple. Not only is that difference very small, but every board handles differently. They have different base profiles. All the board's specs come into play when it comes to handling.

Best way to find out is to try it out.
yeah what he said, it is possible that this shorter board has longer effective edge, and also look at a ruler 2 cm is pretty minute

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
I'm 130lbs.
6'1.
10 Boot.
Mostly park like jibs, rails, kickers, etc.
I won a Smoking Snowboard Team Deadlund 152atx.
Currently I ride a Lib Tech T.Rice Pro, and Lib Tech Burtner Box Scratcher.
Actually, it is pretty much exactly the right size for you, especially if you are going to for park and jibs.
Just check that you do not have too much boot overhand, as others have said. But at 6'1" and for park you are probably rocking a pretty wide stance, so you might be ok on that front.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Also different brands measure board length differently. I think you will find the 152 to be fun. I wish I had size 10 feet ;_;

1 - 12 of 12 Posts