Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tahoe got 15" overnight and it's dumping right now, supposed to go all day. I'm going tomorrow. FINALLY!

Little epic. I realize 2 days ago that the WRX was past due the timing belt change, so I have it change it along with water pump and service belts. I get it back yesterday evening, and discover the Power steering is now making a horrible whining sound and shudders hard at the end of each turn in the parking lot and feels so hard. Not good. They must have screwed up something I think, regretting already the mechanic choice...Subaru dealers are much more expensive.

I go look on that magic thing that is Google and find a couple of posts with my exact problem also after a timing belt change. Turns out it's a $1 O-ring that when worn out lets air into the PS system generating that noise. I print the post and bring it to the mechanic this morning, he looks at it, keeps the car and one hour later I have my "beast" ready and tight, with the compliments of my mechanic for finding the problem. Right on!

Got gas, got power bars, got new screws for bindings..all systems go...waxing later. It's not going to be as the epic opening of last season...snow looks wet and heavy, but finally Tahoe is ON!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Go get 'em tiger. It was 28 here all night and decided to rain. Thanks VA.

Glad to hear your timing belt job worked out. About halfway through reading I was screaming in my head that you have a small air leak in your PS somewhere, but was relived to find that the situation has already been handled.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Im hitting alpine tomorrow, should be a pretty decent day then hoping kirkwood next weekend. This storm brought snow but not as much as i thought, still waiting for that big one!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go get 'em tiger. It was 28 here all night and decided to rain. Thanks VA.

Glad to hear your timing belt job worked out. About halfway through reading I was screaming in my head that you have a small air leak in your PS somewhere, but was relived to find that the situation has already been handled.
I freaked out BAD last night... thinking the car would not be ready for tomorrow. But the beast lives on. I thought about attempting the belt change myself...but if you screw it up it's major damage. Amazing Google...the mechanic was really surprised I actually got it right.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm in Santa Barbara this weekend, of all places :dunno: @kctahoe, those lift lines at Alpine look loooong (at least from what I could see this morning from the Alpine webcam). Great to have some real snow, though, finally!

Going next weekend. Have fun, guys.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm in Santa Barbara this weekend, of all places :dunno: @kctahoe, those lift lines at Alpine look loooong (at least from what I could see this morning from the Alpine webcam). Great to have some real snow, though, finally!

Going next weekend. Have fun, guys.
I havent checked any lift cams today but I'm hoping it won't be to bad tomorrow. I was up there yesterday with no lines but raining the whole time.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if the first decent weekend ( snow-wise) for everybody...it's understandable. K-wood has less people in general, it's away from the main Tahoe route ( HW 80)
lines are shorter and traffic is less heavy too both ways. They said 15" and it's dumping like hell...should be good tomorrow...not smokey powder good , but good.
hmmm light lunch , beer and some serious board multi-layer waxing

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm waiting until Tues or Wed, too many sharks off trail! You'll have to ride the groomers with everyone else & his brothers..no thanks. Tahoeweatherdiscussion.com updated at 1pm. talks of two storms left for this cycle. one for Sunday and Monday, with a chance of scattered snow on Tuesday. should accumulate 2-3ft above 7k. If this keeps up, I'll be loving February fo sho!

·
Registered
756 Posts
We got some decent snow here in CO, But I feel like it's going to take 3 hours to get there, and 4 hours to get back.

I really should move to Frisco or Dillon =[

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
3" in the last 90 minutes here... My son and wife are excited for tomorrow.... Fuckin sucks nut sack that I'm stuck couch surfing with a fresh snapped leg....

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GOod solid wet base, enough powder to waste your legs and get a solid first day of the season. And it keeps snowing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Accordimg to Tahoeweatherdiscussion.com, the long term outlook doesn't look good. Get your runs in while the conditions are nice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I debated going to Kirk this weekend but decided against it. As of today the reports total is over 40" but they still only have a few lifts open. My wife is a meteorologist and thinks we will have another dry spell after this storm. Man how I hope she is wrong.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Accordimg to Tahoeweatherdiscussion.com, the long term outlook doesn't look good. Get your runs in while the conditions are nice.
I saw all those sun icons in the forecast. Ew. Agree with you...I will get up there as soon as they plan to open 10 and the backside. But yes...nothing like last season.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Trip Report from Sierra at Tahoe. Just got back. Didn't have the full mountain open, but was worth it just because of the powder, was so nice in the morning, even while it was dumping. Tahoe is looking like Tahoe again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts