Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup. I am back. Been gone since April. But I went out in the yard tonight and took a deeeeep breath of our first below 32 degree cold front. Oh yeah. Winter's coming. DST is done. I started mixing in strength training to my routine 2 weeks ago. Goodbye to the fun little 5k trots and general bike cruiser trips of summer. Its time to get down to business pushing plates and crushing stairs. All systems should be go by mid December. Oh anticipation. So worth the pain.

Is it too early to plan the season? What are y'all looking forward to?

I am back on the East Coast so no Tahoe/Kirkwood goodness for me this year. But I hope all you east coasters are leaving nightly tributes for the global warming goblins so that we actually get on the hill by the holidays. I will be up in the Albany area for a while around then and I am looking forward to an easy drive to Mt. Snow, Stratton and maybe White Face. Gonna do one PNW trip in early January...that's all set except the mountain (the trip itself is really open ended.) My brother and my best friend - the dude who "taught" me how to board back in the early 90s when I was just 11 or 12- was so impressed by me taking up the ride after so long a hiatus, he has promised to join me for a Feb school break trip to Sugarloaf where we grew up. This time we'll wear helmets, roll in a reliable vehicle with spouses/kids in tow and I image there will be a distinct lack of water bongs, CD Walkmans blasting Tool, and anti-skiier childish poser angst. But it will be every bit as sick as it was back in the day.

Oh how I've missed you winter. I say, with ever so slightly damp eyes and clenched throat, WELCOME BACK my friend!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome back to you! Great post. Full of great sentiment.

I think it's probably for the better if you can turn off the addiction for a few months until the snow comes back!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh believe me I wish I could.

I just stepped outdoors last night with the pooch so she could do her doggie business before bed...and it was cold and crisp and freezing. And all of a sudden it was like...BAM! I got the fever now and nothing is going to make it better - except fresh pow.

I keep seeing some snow blowing around in the Sierras on my FB page (I spent last season in the bay area working so I rode all around Tahoe.) I may have to take a plane of the east coast early and find some higher elevation.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have my first contest of the season coming up on November 23! It's just a small rail jam in a parking lot, but I'm excited none the less haha. I also just got my new pants, mittens, and jacket in the mail on saturday, and I ordered a new board yesterday! I'm definitely feeling a case of snow fever :yahoo:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts