Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it's almost time for the season!!!! CHEEEYAHUHHHHH! I've been doing my research on a new Jacket and know about the layer differences; shell, ...etc. and was just wondering if you guys could tell me which ones you like specifically the jacket and post a link to it or pic if you can? Plz thx!!!:yahoo::laugh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is a lot of good jackets in the thread 2014 favorite jacket. (something like that). people talk about why they don't like grenade and how volcom is pretty good. blah blah blah

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts
Without pointing to a particular jacket, these are the things I look for in a jacket. Haven't found one yet with all of them.

• Water ratings (10K/10K, etc)
  • Removable liner
  • Textured inside lining so that you don't feel like you're wearing a rubber coat.
  • Lots of pockets, with good closures, i.e. zippers. Preferably zippers that zip DOWN to close and UP to open.
  • Several inside pockets and/or a pocket with the opening along the main zipper.
  • key clip inside one or more of the pockets (so your keys stay in there)
  • snow/powder skirt
  • clips for attaching to snow pants
  • detachable face mask
  • detachable hood
  • zipper that zips down from the top or up from the bottom (more important for males :) )
  • Soft cloth cover on front of collar for when it's zipped up over your face
  • Wrist gators
  • ipod pocket
Things I don't consider as important:
  • Goggle pocket. Never used it.
  • Google pocket. Never use my search engine when I'm on the mountain :D
  • Pass holder. The retractable ones break and the Velcro wrist ones are a PITA. Most resorts seem to want you to have your pass easily visible anyway.
Things I've never seen on a jacket that I think would be handy:
  • Either a ring somewhere on the outside of the jacket for attaching your pass and cable, OR a zipper tab with a large hole obviously made for the ring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Donutz, this is great advice and knowledge. I've been doing some looking online myself and know for a fact that I'll be wanting all those pockets, I tend to have a ton of small things that I have on me around for random reasons, like gum, or loose change or even a stick for later throwing lol. Many pockets are a must for me. :yahoo: Your list is great and i'll definitely be using it as a checklist when browsing jackets. Thanks man :bowdown: lol dat google pocket XD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts