Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! New to the forum, getting back into snowboarding and one problem I’m having is finding a jacket. I’m about 6’3 285lbs (and declining), riding on the east coast primarily. Anyone have any recommendations of specific jackets or brands that run bigger?

Also would like to get some new bibs!

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Helly Hansen has some nice hellytech size 2xl gives lots of room for pads.. I have had one for 5 years, finally feeling its last legs always warm and dry

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've always found that Analog fits very, very generously.

Also, anything made by Burton with 'team' sizing is way larger than you'd expect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always found that Analog fits very, very generously.

Also, anything made by Burton with 'team' sizing is way larger than you'd expect.
Awesome! Thanks for the help! I will check out the things you recommended!

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I have a virtually brand new Burton strapped duck down jacket size XL
It looks really sharp & its GUARANTEED FOR LIFE.
Regular $399
The one I have is black & charcoal
Here's the specs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey!! try Stretched jackets , as Bonfire Firma 3 in 1 stretch jackets . for warmer days you can get a softshell, xxl, they run big and they are stretched materials too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your input, when to a few shops and outdoor outlets. Ended up with a Burton Cloud Lifter XXL. I would to get one more as a spare, so I will check out more of these recommendations!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input, when to a few shops and outdoor outlets. Ended up with a Burton Cloud Lifter XXL. I would to get one more as a spare, so I will check out more of these recommendations!

hey Bcoppp! is it a stretch jacket? looking forward to buy this kind too

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you want a spare, you could also check out trew gear. trewgear.com I've got the powfunk jacket in XL. I'm 5'10 240lb and built like a barrel with legs. fairly roomy jacket, allows for layering, AFAIK. They do an XXL, and their customer service was great for exchanges etc when the size wasn't right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m a large dude as well and I found Columbia whirlybird ii jacket for 35 bucks. Comes with a mid weight jacket as well.

Edit: I found this on amazon and I sorted to the lowest price first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey!! try Stretched jackets , as Bonfire Firma 3 in 1 stretch jackets . for warmer days you can get a softshell, xxl, they run big and they are stretched materials too
I wouldn’t necessarily call it a stretch jacket, Here is a link to the house for the specific jacket. I can post a photo later if you want! https://www.the-house.com/bt4clft06tbdtb19zz-burton-snowboard-jackets.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAno_uBRC1ARIsAB496IXxXGTqz5JkHiNFU7BOqPpr_tLoCQmgxibQ1l-mhkT_faDNdp9c17waAi7qEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you want a spare, you could also check out trew gear. trewgear.com I've got the powfunk jacket in XL. I'm 5'10 240lb and built like a barrel with legs. fairly roomy jacket, allows for layering, AFAIK. They do an XXL, and their customer service was great for exchanges etc when the size wasn't right.
Awesome! Good to hear about exchanges aswell, because some places charge restocking fees and shit /:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m a large dude as well and I found Columbia whirlybird ii jacket for 35 bucks. Comes with a mid weight jacket as well.

Edit: I found this on amazon and I sorted to the lowest price first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aye! Thanks, I will look into it. I just got some columbia snowpants (not my preference of color) but for 80% I couldn’t pass them up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awesome! Good to hear about exchanges aswell, because some places charge restocking fees and shit /:
You will have to post clothing back at your own expense, and in pristine saleable condition etc, but that's pretty standard. I am not aware of any restocking fees at Trew. email them and ask questions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts