Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed 686 about repairing a tear in the outer shell I received in one of their jackets, and didn't get a response, so I'm hoping this crew can help me. It's an "L" shape, 2"x1", I'm wondering if I can use an iron on patch inserted through the hole and then ironed from the outside? I'm worried if the heat to melt the adhesives is going to melt the synthetics in the shell.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Have you tried looking for a shop around you that does jacket repair? I know Triple8sol had a weld done on one of his shells and you would never know it unless he pointed it out.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried looking for a shop around you that does jacket repair? I know Triple8sol had a weld done on one of his shells and you would never know it unless he pointed it out.
I haven't. I'll google that up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Jackets generally have some type of synthetic fiber that doesn't like heat much. I wouldn't be putting an iron on mine.

Check local clothing alteration places. If its got a liner, odds are they will have to sew all the way though...

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
I did my own once, used some shoe goo to seal it up and sewed a patch on it...Okay my mom sewed it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts