Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headed to Jackson in a couple weeks and looking for some tips on the best bars to hit up after a long day on the mountain. staying downtown a couple blocks from the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
MangyMoose! In teton village/resort - a couple women there...omg - amazing. don't mean to sound like a perv, but wow. only complaint was that the pitcher of beer i got had broken glass in it, which was a pretty big deal and they handled it pretty bad...waitress was quite the bitch. decent food though...

only been (to jackson) once, went to picas mexican restaurant which was decent. other than that i rode quite a bunch and ate our own food/drank our own booze in our room.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mangy Moose in the Village, Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, Silver Dollar Bar at the Wort Hotel, Tavern in the Square (especially if you like bar fights, so I've heard). If you want somewhere to watch a game, take the START bus or a taxi down Broadway to Sidewinders. Great food and tons of TVs.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Mutton, when you going??? I'll be there from Jan. 31st till Feb. 3rd with a few other peeps from the forums. Lemme know if your days link up. Always down to ride with new people....plus I have never done Jackson before either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the village The moose or Teton Thai ( Great food). In town The virginian is the hoppin spot on wedsdays for karoke. Friday saturday hit up The Rose or The Tavern. Thats where everybody hangs out. Have fun. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
This thread is over a year old. They're probably gone by now. :D

However, I'll be there in mid-March. Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Hahaha, I'm actually back there again next week and just got the reply message in my email. The Mangy was a great time as all suggested. Plus it was 30 seconds Walking from where we stayed. Can't wait to get back out there. Gonna actually be able to ride the mountain this time.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hahaha, I'm actually back there again next week and just got the reply message in my email. The Mangy was a great time as all suggested. Plus it was 30 seconds Walking from where we stayed. Can't wait to get back out there. Gonna actually be able to ride the mountain this time.
Stay safe this time around, hope to see you at the meet :thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can anyone confirm these places are still the go to's? Mangy Moose, Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, Silver Dollar, Tavern in the square

·
Registered
248 Posts
Check out Sidewinders (in town) if you want to watch a game. Also, the Handlebar at the Four Seasons in the village is a pretty good Apres take...especially if you can't get into MM.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I used this website: Your Jackson Hole Restaurant Guide - Jackson Hole Restaurants & Dining and OpenTable to book a few restaurants for our trip (Couloir, Rendezvous Bistro and Snake River Grill). For good beer, check out Snake River Brewery; for pub food the Silver Dollar Bar at the Wort and Sidewinders are my favorites. There were a couple places featured on Diners Drive ins and Dives this season, including Pica's, Merry Piglets and Pinky G's pizza, although in past trips I haven't been to any of them. There is a new spot called Lift that looks pretty good...I think it's part of Snow King. For a hearty breakfast, go to Bubba's. On weekdays ask for the "worker's special." It's basically your standard eggs/hash brown/toast/meat breakfast, but at half price.

There are a few places that look really good, but if you don't have a rental car they are nearly impossible to get to. Where are you staying?

I have a buddy who lives there, I will ask him for some some "local favorites" too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey, do you mind me asking where you stayed in the Village that was so close to Mangy Moose, and did you hang out anywhere else?
I read that Village Cafe is now in the bar area of the Inn at Jackson Hole and can be quite lively??
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
As I recall, The Hostel (now Hostel X?), the Inn and the Grand Teton Lodge are the closest lodging properties to the Mangy Moose (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Teton+Village,+WY/@43.5864878,-110.8290361,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x535305d9dd31ea47:0x1191d1839feb3cba). However, I wouldn't worry all that much about being within close proximity to the Moose unless you plan to impair your senses with apres activities. JHMR runs a bus that winds around the different houses and condos within Teton Village.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Just got back from Jackson.
We stayed at the Village and the night life wasn't all that great.
Spent most time at The Handle Bar, Ascent Lounge, Spur, Mangy Moose and Teton Thai.
Highly recommend food at Spur and Teton Thai.
The Handle Bar's nachos are awesome, too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts