Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Great movie; saw it at the Mayan Theatre in Denver. Don't start watching unless you have 40 minutes to kill, you won't be able to walk away until it's over.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great movie; saw it at the Mayan Theatre in Denver. Don't start watching unless you have 40 minutes to kill, you won't be able to walk away until it's over.
Saw it that night too, and just watched it again. Big fan of Jake and this style of movie

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very impressive movie.

Anybody know what he's riding pow with? The white topsheet/black base with blunted tip/tail (says Ride in red). Couldn't find any info on it. He's riding a Berzerker the rest of the time.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Very impressive movie.

Anybody know what he's riding pow with? The white topsheet/black base with blunted tip/tail (says Ride in red). Couldn't find any info on it. He's riding a Berzerker the rest of the time.
Ride prototype board. Not released (yet).

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Good flick, definitely brought my season stoke level up. I thought the music was meh, the edit mediocre - overkill on the slo-mo on every shot, but riding & locations were great.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Good flick, definitely brought my season stoke level up. I thought the music was meh, the edit mediocre - overkill on the slo-mo on every shot, but riding & locations were great.
Good summary. Only thing to add: EJacks absolutely killed it. Upstaged Jake and Nico IMO.

Oh, and the soccer segment just sucks balls.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
yeh, Ejack wins

Jake reminds me of Craig Kelly in those japan trees, such style

edit just ok imo too

narration...lacking ..i think they tried for the Art of Flight type thing, but somehow it didn't gel as well

riding overall is so sick, but some other recent vids have been 'better'

i almost feel desensitized to the superdeep, bigmountain 900 spin drops and all that..it gets me psyched up, but it's not so new anymore (to me)...i'm no into street so much, but that seems to be where a lot of the innovation is happening, and some gut-wrenching parts have dropped in the last few weeks

...and then, there's Xavier

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Is anyone else bothered by how grossly he overreacted to his shoulder injury? Worrying about it changing his career like that, questioning whether he should even be a snowboarder and should just be a carpenter... Really? I mean sure that hurts and rehab is actually kinda long for it, but come on. How many pros have blown their knees? Pierce nearly died. Kelly did die. And when was the last time having 100% mobility in your shoulder was required for snowboarding?

I like Blauvelt, he's fluid with a great eye for creative lines and a blast to watch, but his reaction to his shoulder is just kind of annoying.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i saw, away we go, naturally, and out n about in the same night. Naturally was my least favorite. Seemed like it couldn't decide what it was supposed to be. Either cut out the narration of Jakes "crisis" or go more in-depth. A 5 second sound bit of him wanting to quit and then saying yoga is great isn't really insightful. Just seemed like they were trying to show personality with out actually giving anything substantial.

I like adidas, i wear shoes and cloths from them all the time. The soccer section in the movie seemed forced, it would have been better without it.

Ejack is turning into one of my fav guys to watch. His part in Resonance last year was great.

Watch, out n about.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts