Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up with the chick featured on everything with Jamie Lynn's name on it? I just saw a shirt on whisketmilitia that features that same naked blue girl as his snowboard...

Anyone know why that seems to be his only graphic?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I read he's not only a snowboarder but an artist as well, so I guess that blue girl is his "thing" the he paints and takes inspiration from? I knew a person who would only draw all things dragons, I guess this is just something that makes it uniquely him.

This painting is yet another example of Jamie's ongoing study of the female form and holds true to his classic color scheme. These pieces have undoubtedly become as iconic in snowboarding as the artist and legend himself. The use of negative space and his cat Cole in this piece have, in his words, made it one of his all time favorite board graphics. Anyone following Jamie or Lib Tech through the years would most likely agree that these studies are some of his strongest works. This is Jamie at his best, with elegant curves, a subject matter that's easy on the eyes, his straight forward approach, and vibrant color.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's pretty cool. I was really just wondering if there was a story behind it as a quick google search yielded nothing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seems like bad business. A lot of people wouldn't ride a board with that on it.
I think a lot of people would have no problem riding it, but what you're looking at is more of a "who you're riding around" kinda deal. A lot of the mountains have you mixed in at the lift line with all sorts of people including parents and their little ones and I'm sure they'd complain to the employees. You think that's bad, check out the line of boards Yes did for breast cancer lol:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I always thought that she painted that for her boards as a sel-portrait, caricature kind of deal... :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I think he did the art on last years Landvik, with the mountains and stars. Its my favorite graphic from last year.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've always appreciated the artwork on Lib boards, naked chicks or not. I just wanna know if that was a girlfriend, sister, dream girl or just some snow bunny he fantasized about.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
I've always appreciated the artwork on Lib boards, naked chicks or not. I just wanna know if that was a girlfriend, sister, dream girl or just some snow bunny he fantasized about.
Meh,... Could be he's into Dead chicks or Zombie chicks? :dunno: (...blue, green!) ;)
It is interesting artwork. Naked chicks or no! Not saying I'd hang it on my wall, but it does have it's appeal!

·
Registered
562 Posts

Jamie Lynn is a dude, and a godfather of snowboarding. do not pass go. do not collect $200.

learn yer history kids.
Do not make joke. Do not use sarcasm. Do not try funny. SBF no like.

I'm kinda new... but I ain't that new, broski. For a guy who's got like 6 Lib's in his stash, you'd think I might'a heard of this guy once or twice by now... :dunno:

(and yes, Seinfeld applies to pretty much every situation in life)

·
Registered
63 Posts
What is so "bad" about the Jamie Lynn and Yes graphics? If you are scared of boobies, i hope you don't watch tv....:dunno:
I was just responding to the guy who said they would lose business because there was nudity on the Jamie Lynn board. I just merely put up the Yes graphic to show him that nudity is much more brazen on that design as it's just straight up boobs. I don't find anything bad about breasts and there is nothing wrong with the designs, but I personally wouldn't ever buy one of those boards because I'd probably be kicked off the mountain when the parents saw it or the Instructor who passes by me with his 8 little ducklings trailing behind him get a peek at it. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was just responding to the guy who said they would lose business because there was nudity on the Jamie Lynn board. I just merely put up the Yes graphic to show him that nudity is much more brazen on that design as it's just straight up boobs. I don't find anything bad about breasts and there is nothing wrong with the designs, but I personally wouldn't ever buy one of those boards because I'd probably be kicked off the mountain when the parents saw it or the Instructor who passes by me with his 8 little ducklings trailing behind him get a peek at it. :unsure:
I doubt you'd get kicked of any mountain unless you worked there. It might be awkward... little bits of snow all over the tits on your snowboard...

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
All I know is, I'd pet her cat:eusa_clap::bowdown:

Jamie has more than 50 pro decks:eek:hmy: Some years he had a different graphics for each size.

Not even close to all his stuff is this chick.

lib tech Jamie Lynn Snowboards - YouTube

TT

1 - 20 of 26 Posts