Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding stiff K2 boards for years...Titan, Zeppelins, Slayblade, etc. I love my current slayblade with Now Drive bindings...the thing charges hard through east coast ice and crud. However, the last couple of years I've been going further west and actually enjoying some real snow in CO, UT and have some more trips planned this year.

Been looking to get something that initiates turns a little faster for intermediate glades and that does well in deeper stuff. The slayblade just seems way to stiff for that and requires a tremendous amount of core effort to muscle it around. I'm 6'4 210 and wear US12 boots....been riding for 20yrs. Interested in the Aviator or even the Annex but I'm worried the 160w or the 164 isnt quite wide enough? Anyone have any thoughts on this board or others they would recommend?

Jon

·
Registered
877 Posts
You said deep stuff, so no doubt the Arbor Annex will be more suited than the Jones Aviator. That's really not the first board you look at for pow from Jones though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm your size, and I spend all season every season in Colorado's powder fields or trees. For deep days, I've been rocking a Signal Tailgunner 166. It's incredible on deep days, lays trenches on groomers, launches and stomps, and is surprisingly agile in the trees if you've got the weight and technique for it. For less deep days and the slush I use a K2 Cool Bean. It's stiffer than most short fats, and handles my weight much better than few others I've tried.

Always halfway on the lookout for a new trees deck, I really like the looks of the Nitro Dropout, new K2 Party Platter, Telos Backslash, Rome Ravine or Pow Division MT, Rossi Sashimi.

Edit: About the Aviator, I personally don't see a need for a twin pow deck. The performance you get from getting rid of all that tail is huge. I won't go back. Leave the park boards in the park.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, never looked into Signal boards before. What's their deal, you gotta join a membership? Sounds sketchy.
Love the looks and specs of the Arbor Annex but will it be that much different than my K2 Slayblade which rides pretty similar to a stiff camber board. Its a Lifted Flatline, which raises at the tips and stays flat through the middle...its the most stable board i think I've been on for hard charging groomers.

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
The Annex has more setback and more taper than the Slayblade. Might look at the A-Frame though.

Look at the Ride Mtn Pig, Nidecker Mellow, Lib Lost Rocket or Dynamo, Winterstick Westcott, Burton Hometown Hero, Rome Blur or Mtn Division MT, K2 Simple Pleasures, DC Supernatant, or Bataleon Camel Toe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts