Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a 162 Wide Flagship as my new daily driver - selling all my other decks since 159 is just feeling puny and replacing with longer decks. Wide was a huge breakthrough for me eliminating hangups completely - and feels 0% different edge to edge than my other boards - Wide crew all day from here out.
I want to charge hard with it but play in trees after i'm out of alpine - heading to kicking horse and Revy in two weeks.

Been riding Now Pilot's for 2 seasons and I'm just not sure I'm sold.
I demo'd the jones wide with cartel's since that's all they had, not a great match but honestly loved it, and the feeling of what I was doing directly affecting the board. To me, it felt a bit more honest as to what I put in, I got out. There's something about the feeling of Now's that is super smooth, but I am left undecided as to if I need / want the help they're providing (am I crazy??).

I was debating a stiffer now binding perhaps - I just don't know. Definitely preference responsiveness and the locked in feeling, I tighten the hell outa my bindings and boots now.
Looking at
1. Union Ultra or Falcor
2. Salomon Quantum
3. Now Drive or Recon or Jones Apollo - all seem the same no idea what the play is if so.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well the Salomon Quantum will be most different from the binding you have, but maybe the Burton Clutch (or mission with the stiff highback) is the cheapest option if you just wanna try something else with a stiffer highback.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Jones Apollo is stiffer then the drive for sure. There is no flex on that binding, well none that I can feel. My Apollos feel stiffer then my Deeluxe T700 hardbotos with F2 bindings. Awesome for deep trench digging carves, suprisingly damp (skate tech magic ?) .But DAMN those are stiff bindings.

Get the now Drive instead.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the Union Falcor's, heard nothing but good things and wanted to try something new. I'm still going to get the now Drive or Recon in the near future, (buy everything is my motto).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts