Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking to pull the trigger on a pow board this year.

I'm 6'0" 185lbs, size 10.5-11 boot. Currently riding a 159 Never Summer Raptor, which I really like, but do wish it was a tad longer for steeper / icier lines.

I've had my eye on the Jones Hovercraft and am debating between a 156 or a 160.

Any advice or pros/cons I should consider? Open to other pow boards too, but have heard great things about the Hovercraft.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
159 Never Summer Raptor, which I really like, but do wish it was a tad longer for steeper / icier lines.
You really answer your own question...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Of your choices 160 is obviously the right one. I have a 164 i got at the end of last year that I cant wait to ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick feedback guys. I guess my only question was if it ever make sense to go a size shorter on a pow board, but from the sound of it not really.

Glad it's an easy call. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Supposedly the Hovercraft can be ridden short but at 180lbs myself I went with the 160 which can be found pretty cheap at the house and REI clearance right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was surprised when I read that it is supposed to be ridden 6-8cm shorter. After speaking to a friend who rode one for a season in Japan (and he did size down), I would follow their guide, he said is was nice and surfy, and quick to turn.

My main powder board had been a 163 Salomon Sick stick, which I would recommend - lots of fun and really good float.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts