Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey snowboarders! Trying to decide between Jones MT (2020) or Rossignol One LF (2019). I could have the boards for about the same price. I want some versitale board for all-mountain. I am riding in Austrian Alps. I have 76kg, 185cm and 9.5 UK. Which board and size do you think would be good? I like to ride fast. Park not so much... I am more freeride oriented. Thanks for your advices!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hey snowboarders! Trying to decide between Jones MT (2020) or Rossignol One LF (2019). I could have the boards for about the same price. I want some versitale board for all-mountain. I am riding in Austrian Alps. I have 76kg, 185cm and 9.5 UK. Which board and size do you think would be good? I like to ride fast. Park not so much... I am more freeride oriented. Thanks for your advices!
They're both good boards (I haven't ridden the One LF only read about it here) and will do what you want. But if you're a freeride guy, why are you not looking at freeride boards?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're both good boards (I haven't ridden the One LF only read about it here) and will do what you want. But if you're a freeride guy, why are you not looking at freeride boards?
I am a low-intermediate and this will be first board. I have ridden for 3 years on the rental board. I don't want exactly freeride board, because I would like to hit a park sometimes, but most of the time I spend on the slopes, high speed, some carving and trees. I have heard the Jones may be quite soft, but Rossi a little bit heavy. Maybe you have some other suggestions on the board? My budget is about 450€

·
Registered
122 Posts
If I was to buy a twin or twinish all-mountain, I would probably go for the Yes Standard. True twin with a directional volume twist, seems to be fairly good in powder and as it is on a wider platform you could downsize it a bit.
I have not ridden it or the other 2 you mentionned, so purely based on (a lot) of reading.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply! Well unfortunately there is no Yes Standard available in my country :(

The Rossi is only available in 159 and Jones in all sizes, so maybe 159 as well or would be 162 better?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I am a low-intermediate and this will be first board. I have ridden for 3 years on the rental board. I don't want exactly freeride board, because I would like to hit a park sometimes, but most of the time I spend on the slopes, high speed, some carving and trees. I have heard the Jones may be quite soft, but Rossi a little bit heavy. Maybe you have some other suggestions on the board? My budget is about 450€
OK so you're probably looking at the right type of board for where you're at with your riding. I wouldn't call the Mountain Twin soft, pretty much medium I'd say and my mates is a size smaller than I'd buy for myself. That said and even though Arsefan LeFurburger says we're not allowed to recommend boards we've not ridden I'm gonna say get the Rossi, just because from reading the reviews it seems the more freeridey of the two.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You may also want to look at the Jones Frontier for a versatile board that is more freeride but accessible for intermediate riders. Won't be as good for park that the others too tough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the responses! So based on what you have written, I think I will order Rossi 159. Just hope it won't be too stiff and heavy based on some reviews. As there is no snowboard shop with Rossi around, I can't see it personally. I have just seen the last year model of the Jones. So hope it will be the right choice for me. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am sure the Rossi will work great for you. I have not seen any bad review and I believe the "extra" weight if any wont make a difference.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Rossi is not stiff at all, it is a bit heavier than the rest of my boards but the flex pattern and the profile are quite forgiving. No worries that you won’t handle it, if you can link your turns properly you are good to go. It is easy to skid turns around too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rossi is not stiff at all, it is a bit heavier than the rest of my boards but the flex pattern and the profile are quite forgiving. No worries that you won’t handle it, if you can link your turns properly you are good to go. It is easy to skid turns around too.
Great thanks! I have just ordered Rossi a while ago! I am so looking forward to try it on the mountain!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have owned both. The Jones has less camber towards the nose, which makes it floatier than the Rossi, and I also found the Jones faster edge to edge and easier to manouver.

In all other respects however the Rossi is so much better. I still have mine. It has sooo much grip and is very confidence inspiring, it has improved my riding no end. There is a reason why there are so many good reviews for this board online. When my one dies I will get another no question.

·
Registered
570 Posts
good call going with the Rossi, one of the easiest boards to pick up and ride, Jones might be a bit better once you become a better rider, but i think you made the right choice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello, thank you so much for the positive responses on the Rossi. I am really glad I have made a good choice! I am looking forward to the season with this board!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts