Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just recently bought a Bataleon Evil Twin and LOVE IT. Next to the Capita DOA that I also got I just couldn’t ride the DOA anymore. Now Im selling the DOA after only a week. I am going to put up a full review of both/ side by side but I really preferred the Bataleon. I agree that less is more with 3D shaping. Bataleon rates the Evil Twin the most subtle, which to me seems crazy because I couldn’t see any more being helpful. If anything I would go with less, which if that’s what Jones has I’d love to ride one.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Jones has a range too. They match up the 3D shaping to the boards intended purpose, dialing it up or down to suit.

·
Registered
408 Posts
FWIW I rode a 154 lobster Aaron Schwartz with 3BT with camber this weekend. No learning curve beyond any new board, it rips. Just wanted to share since I’ve hesitated to buy one due to some love hate comments about 3BT. I didn’t know what I was missing. Pretty good cheap deck for big footed snowsurfing imo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How BIG is "big footed" I wear a size 18 boot and ride a hand made custom snowboard. Just wondering if you think I would be able to get away with a factory deck rather than having mountain side boards build me one

·
Registered
408 Posts
Depends on the rider. If you trench then you need a wider board. Was thinking that deck is more in the size 12-14 range depending on rider skill. Have you been properly fitted in size 18 based upon your mondo? I’ve worn 15’s before, now I am in 12’s.

·
Registered
779 Posts
FWIW I rode a 154 lobster Aaron Schwartz with 3BT with camber this weekend. No learning curve beyond any new board, it rips. Just wanted to share since I’ve hesitated to buy one due to some love hate comments about 3BT. I didn’t know what I was missing. Pretty good cheap deck for big footed snowsurfing imo.
That Lobster looks rad! Is that the same board as Bateleon's party wave?

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Jones Stratos reviews are starting to show up. Watch the first two with subtitles and autotranslate turned on if you don't speak the language (Russian or Dutch).

·
Registered
443 Posts
I really like how this Russian guy rides. Nice powerful riding. If he put at least some English translation in description would be great.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I really like how this Russian guy rides. Nice powerful riding. If he put at least some English translation in description would be great.
I agree. If he made English reviews he'd have a very popular channel.

If you view the video on a desktop/laptop computer then you can use YouTube's autotranslate feature to translate it into English. I don't know if it's possible with the mobile version (I haven't been able to do it).

·
Registered
443 Posts
I agree. If he made English reviews he'd have a very popular channel.

If you view the video on a desktop/laptop computer then you can use YouTube's autotranslate feature to translate it into English. I don't know if it's possible with the mobile version (I haven't been able to do it).
It doesn’t work on my mobile phone. I’ve commented on his Mercury review and he seems to be positive about putting some English translation/transcript.

No problem with the other guy as I speak Dutch.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts