Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
For what? Hiking? Sure, if you're hiking multiple miles. Then again people have been doing it just fine for like ever with boards that aren't a full carbon topsheet. You save what, maybe like half a pound? Take the extra $400 you'd save and get a gym membership and get stronger. You'll save more weight in a hiking situation if you take a shit before you head out.

If you're putting yourself into crazy ascent situations like Jones then the weight savings can make a difference. You're not. And it will be a lot less painful for you if you sharkfin your new deck if it's the regular and not the carbon.
+1, exactly that. Plus for most people the bindings and boots weight more than the board, so the overall savings are absolutely negligible.

No. The Cobra was partially a direct result of my feedback to Vince about the way that the Heritage handled heavy, wet PNW "powder". Neversummer made the Cobra with handling characteristics very similar to the Heritage but added an spade shaped tail and a slightly longer transition in the nose and a little more upturn in the nose to make it "friendlier" in our wet "powder". Yes, it kills it in the powder for what it is; an all mountain freestyle deck but the Priemier and the Summit still out perform it in powder.
Agree with pretty much all of that. NS calls the Cobra an all-mountain freeride board, but I think that is mostly semantics. I actually felt it was similar to the Premier in pow (assuming matching sizes) - I can see how the damp Premier would be better in the chopped stuff, but I do not encounter much of that in Japan :giggle:
Summit is definitely way better than either.

Neversummer really does not yet have a true powder specific board like a Jones Hovercraft or other brands that make truly powder specific decks but they do very very well in powder for what they are....:thumbsup:
Again, completely agree. Really wish they had a short, surfy stick like a Fish, 420, etc. but not sure how that would fit in with their philosophy.
I would love to try the NS swallowtail or at least hear more about it - but have never seen one in person, let alone ridden one...

Nope no plans for park, but yes groomers. Wasn't really looking at the Hovercraft because I like having the multi-directional board.
Get a Salomon Sick Stick. It's a twin, but it sure as hell rides like a surfy pow slayer. Just finished an epic pow session at Bachy. Love that board!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.