Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.
As I am sure most of you have figured out by now I am a pretty serious park rat and don't really like to stray from the parks.

I am looking for another serious jumping board/all around park board.
I want a board with LOADS of pop :thumbsup:. Camber preferably.
Sintered base is always a plus for charging at kickers. Mid flex is preferably but I don't want any noodles and don't really want a 2x4. TRUE TWIN IS A MUST! (or at least can be made into a true twin if there is setback!)

I had a DC PLY but have recently broken the core in it so it is out of commission. I really would like to try something new instead of just going back to a PLY even though not to be mistaken because I really did like it!

Boards I have looked at are the DC MLF, Never Summer Proto, Ride DH, and the Lobster Park Board/Bataleon Evil twin since they are the same thing. I am open to ANY AND ALL Suggestions. I REALLY want that pop of camber that just cant be beat in my experience but if anyone can speak otherwise than please by all mine give me recommendations.

I ride a lot of icy conditions and hard pack. Want a board for pure park. Mostly for jumps as I am not a rail guru. Pop is a must.

I am 5'9" and fluctuate between 130-137 pounds. I have a size 9.5 boot and am really keen to stay in the 147-152 range but no bigger and not much smaller.

Also if anyone has any bindings to recommend please do. Not a fan of step ins but the new flows from 2012/2013 with the toe strap and ankle strap instead of one big thing look sick. Don't wanna go with any union forces as I hear they are pretty heavy bindings. Am open to anything anyone has to recommend. Please respond. :D

·
Registered
884 Posts
Signal Park, light, super poppy, sintered base, $370 it is a little softer though

if you want a stiff jump board go with the ride DH, DH2, or Arcade. My choice would be the Arcade based on this review

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i loooove my proto :) its rocker/camber though:D i ride it with burton malavita :thumbsup:
Proto is really up there in my choices and malavita have been in my eye for a while so will keep that in mind.

Signal Park, light, super poppy, sintered base, $370 it is a little softer though

if you want a stiff jump board go with the ride DH, DH2, or Arcade. My choice would be the Arcade based on this review

After riding my friends signal park I know that its just too soft for what I want. However I really like the look of that arcade and the DH is up there for me as well.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Nitro Rook hands down.

Or the Arbor Del Rey. Serious amount of pop out of that.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nitro Rook hands down.

Or the Arbor Del Rey. Serious amount of pop out of that.
Have heard and read some nasty things about arbors quality but I will definitely look at both. Never really new much about nitro's line.

·
With extra cheese.
1,750 Posts
Nitro T1 and T1 Zero is an option, too. I found the Rook (9.5 boot) a little wide, but might have been a placebo effect.

Arbors are fine as long as you aren't just purposefully abusing them. My Westmark is holding up fine. I threw some 38' step down wedges on my Signal Park Zero and it was fine landing them and I don't really go jumps bigger than that so I think it's a good progression jumping board unless you are throwing down 900s or more. The pop out of it amazed me.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
The Rook is a midwide. in my 9s I felt fine. For me Nitro has only been second to Signal in durability and they have pretty consistently ridden very well.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Check out the Mod. It's a really good jump board and amazing at everything else. Not as good as a jib specific board, but still can jib. It is however the same level as jump specific boards. It is camber too. Right in the middle for pop. A little on the stiff side. I have noticed that camber boards from Rome are actually really flexible. Give it a good look. A good jump board and hell of an investment for a board. It's like getting two for one. You get the jump board you want and a good board in general. Little pricey though. But you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
I hated the Stair Extreme.

If he's worried about durability with Arbor CAPiTA isn't any better. I've owned a Stair and an Indoor. Bases ding just as easy as Arbor and both had chips out of the topsheet midway through a light season.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bringing this thread BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!

Recently became SUPER interested in the GNU Park Pickle/Riders Choice. I think they are sick boards with loads of tech and seem to preform really well. I see a few of the kids charging them off kickers in our park and 1 kid was chucking dub backs off a 55 footer on his Pickle and tells me it has LOADS of good ol Pop. Anyone have anything they can say about there boards. I see a few Choices and Pickles around the hill and really would love to try one especially in a 147. (If there is any difference between the Forest Bailey Pickle and normal Park Pickle other than colors please post it here) Wanna rock a park Pickle with either Next Years flows or this years GNU Park bindings (giving step ins a try seems intriguing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
From what ive read, the only difference between the pickles is the color. I just recently got a skate banana. I read some reviews here calling it a noodle, but it seems very mid flex to me. I think older years might have been softer. And the magne traction is awesome on ice.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
From what ive read, the only difference between the pickles is the color. I just recently got a skate banana. I read some reviews here calling it a noodle, but it seems very mid flex to me. I think older years might have been softer. And the magne traction is awesome on ice.
Also the Banana is true twin but the pickle is asymmetric true twin so there is a specific heel side edge and toe side edge. The heel side edge is a deeper cut than the toe side one. Mid flex is what I want. Definitely another positive on this board. Magnatraction on these ice coast conditions are sending it home. Pretty convinced on a Pickle in a 147 or 150 depending on what you guys think for a park rider. Again Im 5'6/5'7 and 135-138 pounds so can go with either or. Pretty much a park rat and rarely take it to trails.

Edit-Leaning toward the 150 just so I can get the Forest Bailey one. Colors are pretty sick plus I cant seem to find a 147 anywhere for the price I can fine a 150. Only 147 I can find is on GNU's site for 489.99 but can find a 150 for 391.00 Pretty huge difference.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Wait you're looking at getting a pickle for a jump focused park board? Hope you enjoy squirly landing and sluggish pop.

Seriosuly now that we've moved down to mid stiff Plato boards look at my Sig. Bran new never ridden Flow Shifty 150. Perfect for you. Quantum on a diet. More POP that will stay with the board longer than any Mervin, some of the best sidecuts ive ever ridden are from Flow. And its the same camber concept as your Ply, just better and more POP.

Oh and almost $200 cheaper than what your looking at. Did I mention its brand new? Oh yeah, never ridden too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Wait you're looking at getting a pickle for a jump focused park board? Hope you enjoy squirly landing and sluggish pop.

Seriosuly now that we've moved down to mid stiff Plato boards look at my Sig. Bran new never ridden Flow Shifty 150. Perfect for you. Quantum on a diet. More POP that will stay with the board longer than any Mervin, some of the best sidecuts ive ever ridden are from Flow. And its the same camber concept as your Ply, just better and more POP.

Oh and almost $200 cheaper than what your looking at. Did I mention its brand new? Oh yeah, never ridden too.
Wont be getting this new board (whatever it ends up being) for a few more months it seems (which really blows as my Rome Artifact just cant handle 55 footers) But if you still have the flow by then it is also on my Radar. Also if the Park Pickle is so squirly what about the riders choice? Never ridden either but am interested in either.

Also what about the Bataleon Airobic?

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
You do not want a pickle for jumping. And you can't beat that offer ^

If you're not into the Flow the Stairmaster Extreme 148 or 152 will be more than enough board for aggressive park riding at your size.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts