Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completed my last objective for this season. Although it took me until june, I finally rode the tetons.

It looked like this most of the week.

Weather finally broke on Friday.

It was a balmy 26 degrees at 5am at the trailhead. I actually had to layer up once I reached snow.

4 hours later I was ready to strap in.

The grand imperial wizard to the right with his little bro the middle Teton

After a beer of course. The label looks familiar..

I rode an S shaped line from the chute in the center of the pic.

Snow was great for june 1st. Aside from a patchh of wind damaged snow that took me for a little death slide, it was a dense settled powder/groupel. No complaints from me.

Almost back at the truck

It a great day to be out in the mountains, the powder made it even better.

Bonus Pic:
4 of the 10 grizzlies Ive seen in the last 11 days. The ensuing mauling might be a fair trade off if you got to play with the little guys for a few minutes.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Great trip report. Love the pictures. :thumbsup: Not exactly a local trip from SLC, eh?

Totally got me stoked on hitting it hard in the late season. I think I have been slacking a bit for the past two weeks.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nice work. Glad some of you are still getting turns.

I'm out of commission for a few more weeks, 3 weeks ago my ankle looked like this......Hopefully I'll be able to get a few more days out of the season in the next month or so.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks. late season is my favorite time to tour. Its more of an objective driven adventure as opposed to a mad rush to get your turns before the guy behind you does. You go in with low expectations for the snow and are usually pleasantly surprised.

No it wasn't quite a local slc trip, although I had to immediately head back to the salt city for work stuff, grrrr! Buts its my local spot for the next few months as I am working on a project in the park. Hopefully I can squeeze several more trips in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts