Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just bought new boots, and made good relationship with local snow shop , so i just went in there i bought jacket there few weeks ago, was just looking at boots and tried them on and was about to buy them online, but started to talk with one of employees there was talking about snowboarding and then about my situation with money told that i cant afford them right now, he gave me 20% off boot that had 30% already :D so that's 50% off great deal, great boots, and great friendship made :D want thank you to slyder who gave me this advice few weeks ago here is the post :
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/100673-should-i-buy-boots-online-help.html

and here is my new boots

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sly gave me the same advice last season and it really paid off. The customer service and relationship you can build with a local shop beats the hell out of any price you can get online.

I ended up getting a pair of this years Nike DK boot and this years Union Atlas...both at 30% off. You can't even find that online anywhere.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yeah, I will say the same thing. My local shop is the shit! I go back to the same place every time and they always take great care of me. For instance I got this years Cartels for just over $200 taxes in out the door like they day they came in. I could never imagine ever going anywhere else..... ohhh and they just waxed both my boards for free like 5 days ago..... and today gave me 3%0 off gloves for my kid. It is well worth spending $$ locally and making friends at your local shop.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Agreed, it's win win because you get deals then tell your friends how awesome they are and word of mouth is the best advertising. Just sucks when the owner who gave you the deals gets so successful and doesn't show up anymore. And they wipe the history from the computers so you now just look like any average guy without thousands of dollars spent over the last couple of decades. And the employees don't give the same deals. And you don't want to beg for a deal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been making a relationship with my local shop and so far it's paying off. I was able to get a burton gig bag for under $50 and I was just able to get a pair of bindings for $40 off (They were only a pair of customs for my wife, but still). I'm glad because they even offered to tune my boards for free.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I'm so glad this worked out and you now have that "go to" shop. Don't forget to tell ppl about the good experience and customer service they showed you. Sending friends, family, even ppl you barely know or got into a conversation about boarding with and name dropping his store is a great way to keep these guys in business and build that relationship.

I am just doing what someone from the forums did for me. Good karma !!!! So many ppl on here have helped me in many different ways, that's why I like hanging around here.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Remember that it never hurts to ask if you can get a discount. Just last week I bought some motorcycle riding gloves and got 20% off just by asking. All the big online stores still had them for full MSRP. Same for my motorcycle helmet and two riding jackets. I haven't done it for snowboarding because my local shop sucks and doesn't carry anything I'm interested in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts