Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha thanks they are bad ass!
Comfy and super responsive plus I am half way down the hill by the time my friends get off their asses!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Very nice, not really a fan of Flow bindings tho. Picked up some NX2-SE at the end of last season and gave them a try but didn't really work for me as well as I thought they would. So im back to traditional style bindings this year. Trying to sell off my NX2-SE now actually, only rode those things like 2 days.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the se has a different type of strap I felt like it probably wouldn't work as good as they said it would.
The nx2-at are nice the only down side is it takes some messing to get them set up right and it is easy to make them too tight

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Yea the straps were a bit of a hassle, I had allot of problems with it always either feeling too lose or too tight, and with my thirtytwo binary boa boots I felt like it wasn't a simple slide in, I would have to kick in because the base plate didn't seem wide enough in the mid section and id catch a bit. Ive never used the AT style strap Flows so maybe those would do better but kinda hard to justify spending on a set of them when I spent on the SE and didn't work out well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah my boots are snug in the base the Xl were to wide but after I found out how to adjust the highback I could get my boot right in.
FLOW Snowboarding | Video

I did some research before I bought mine and the new style strap doesn't set and forget you are always dicking around with the toe strap atleast!

Check out the video see if maybe you can adjust your flows so they fit your boots better!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Ya know the first day I just threw the bindings on my board and rode them and it was rough, my feet hurt so bad after that day. Then I poked around and found that video and did adjust them. Rode them the next day and still didn't work too well, not like I could widen the base plate to make it easy to split into, and your right about the toe strap that's one of the other reason its such a hassle, way too much time spent having to adjust it or pull it up when its slipping down. Isnt really a quick entry binding when you gotta mess with a toe strap and trying to get it set up on your toes right every time your stepping in.

Sorry to thread jack ya lol, the 2014 Billy Goat is an awesome looking board. Wicked setup, im waiting on the two 2014 boards I ordered up to get shipped out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha no worries
I'm excited to get this deck on the hill to bad it won't be for at least 2 months :blowup:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I have set up a ton of Flows and even got a stranger set up while on the hill.

The SE work fine that is the old Power Strap system if I recall correctly. Just takes some getting used to. Also not all boots work well with Flows. If you have a real wide exterior shape or your boots are bulky they are hard to get into Flows. I had this issue with my Van's, you can do it but it's tough. I got some K2's and they go in like butter. They are a smaller/less bulky and fit very well.

Not everyone likes them but not everyone likes Burton, you see where I'm going with that statement.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
that board is really nice,and so is the binding:) I like the AT and did not even thought of buying the SE. Once I had it set it was gold! I even had the chance to try it out traditionally last winter at Bridger bowl when my friend and I decided to hike up following some boarders. It was steep enough and I know I could not put my boots on if I do the quick entry, and at the same time I was feeling stupid for hiking up. I honestly forgot that I can strap traditionally on them, lucky I remembered and thank god for the leash:laugh: I almost lost my snowboard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My boots just fit, (2010 burton driver x) they are snug in the base.
Kick and a wiggle snug but there is no chance my heel will slide around!
Compared to my old binders it's night and day in response.
I think I have a good set up this year!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Yea I would like to maybe give a set of the ATs a try and see if I end up liking them, but this season im riding a set of 2014 Union Factory and 2014 Union Contact Pros.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you go to Check out a new set bring your boots and if they don't fit don't bother.
If you're already in the market for new boots then maybe try a combo set!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
If you go to Check out a new set bring your boots and if they don't fit don't bother.
If you're already in the market for new boots then maybe try a combo set!
Problem is I'm out here in Germany as an American soldier stationed and have yet to find a store here that supplies our American brands. Plus euro prices are insane so all my purchases get done online. Only way I can try anything is if a friend happens to have it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sucks I don't feel comfortable buying something until I hold it in my hand first.
I guess on this forum you could alway make a thread saying
"I have **** boots has anyone tried them in **** bindings"

Might save you some trouble!

·
Registered
919 Posts
except he will have to explain over and over again that he is overseas, and everyone will spend the thread complaining :p

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
except he will have to explain over and over again that he is overseas, and everyone will spend the thread complaining :p
Nah not a complaint at all, just a handicap so to speak. Will you be the batman to my joker and be there to trump my evil lol.

I could just make it my signature ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts