Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty stoked, just moved to Colorado Springs. Had to try and shred the midwest last year and fake snow is tuurrrible.

I'm looking to get cheap lift tickets to Monarch. Is there any good deals for locals?

I want to get a never summer board but don't have enough cash for a new one. What's/where's a good place to look?

Thanks brahs.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
just get a season pass for Monarch. Its a sweet deal and you get days all over the place with it.

Deals on NS are pretty hot, GL with that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pretty stoked, just moved to Colorado Springs. Had to try and shred the midwest last year and fake snow is tuurrrible.

I'm looking to get cheap lift tickets to Monarch. Is there any good deals for locals?

I want to get a never summer board but don't have enough cash for a new one. What's/where's a good place to look?

Thanks brahs.
Lucky! CO is awesome compared to the midwest.

I don't know about ski resorts there though.

But I can help you with cheap stuff. Check the classifieds and ebay, as well as pretty much every online snow store right now for good deals. It's still "summer" so places like EVO and Dogfunk are having huge sales on everything.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I wish we could move Colorado Springs somewhere below West Virginia. They're the black sheep of Colorado!

At least you're closer to the mountains! Congrats on the move.

Agreed with SK, get the season pass. It's cheap and Monarch is a fun mountain that always seems to get dumped on.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Just about Every douchebag brobrah up here from the FR rides a NS. Definitely a higher percentage of them anyhow.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
NS is popular in Colorado for good reason. There are other choices of course.

Monarch is a solid mountain. Not the hugest, but there is some damn fun terrain there. The other bonus is that you will not experience much in the way for traffic making that drive. It's a fairly easy drive. Lodging in Salida is pretty cheap during winter as it is off season for that town. Monarch Mountain is just 10 -15 minutes away.

I do like the Sawatch.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just about Every douchebag brobrah up here from the FR rides a NS. Definitely a higher percentage of them anyhow.
I bought into the hype and picked up an Evo and Heritage a few years ago. I must admit, I like the Evo a lot but the freeride boards just seem like tanks. I like my 08 and 10 supermodel x better still. Hopefully I'll enjoy the Flow Drifter that's on the way!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish we could move Colorado Springs somewhere below West Virginia. They're the black sheep of Colorado!

At least you're closer to the mountains! Congrats on the move.

Agreed with SK, get the season pass. It's cheap and Monarch is a fun mountain that always seems to get dumped on.
It's not Colorado Springs..it's the southside. I get to do armed security down there so I'm pretty excited.

I like to support companies locally, it's the Colorado thing to do! Plus, NS boards are awesome to ride. Didn't realize there was dem der haters.

·
Registered
756 Posts
It's not Colorado Springs..it's the southside. I get to do armed security down there so I'm pretty excited.

I like to support companies locally, it's the Colorado thing to do! Plus, NS boards are awesome to ride. Didn't realize there was dem der haters.
Wouldn't say we are haters, I love the Evo and plan on buying a new one. I just don't care for their freeride boards compared to other brands. They're well built and have a sweet warranty. They're just really hyped here.

If you want to support companies locally buy whatever it is at your local board shop instead of over the interwebz. Have fun in Colorado!

·
Registered
12,605 Posts

Just end your life. There's better brands in CO.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wouldn't say we are haters, I love the Evo and plan on buying a new one. I just don't care for their freeride boards compared to other brands. They're well built and have a sweet warranty. They're just really hyped here.

If you want to support companies locally buy whatever it is at your local board shop instead of over the interwebz. Have fun in Colorado!
That's what's at the local shops. I've rode tons of boards and liked NS the best.

Thanks though!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts