Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

K2 Alchemist sizing

1917 Views 24 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Lain
So I’ve narrowed it down to the K2 Alchemist as my hard charging board. But what size should I get?

measurements:

5’11 tall
160lbs
10.5 boot

I think the 157 and 160 are the recommended. I’m guessing bigger would be better for powder and shorter is more nimble when turning. I’ll ride the alchemist for charging technical terrain and some powder, and ridemy Korua dart for lower angle powder and carving groomers.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
I’ve put on mine 164W (190 lbs 9 US boot) like 6 days so far (3-4 hours a day on it as I’m swapping boards) and it has pretty much the same flex. I’ve never thought it was that stiff, I’d still give it 7.5/10 flex feel. View attachment 165923
Yes, it is not that stiff overall, but I think the flex pattern varies a lot. Pretty stiff longitudinally from between the feet to the tail, tortionally soft and a soft nose.

When I handflex my used 160 compared to my new 163, it feels like the flex difference has increased. At first, I was certain I was just going to sell the 163 due to the stiffness, but as the 160 breaks in, I’m not that sure anymore.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Yes, it is not that stiff overall, but I think the flex pattern varies a lot. Pretty stiff longitudinally from between the feet to the tail, tortionally soft and a soft nose.

When I handflex my used 160 compared to my new 163, it feels like the flex difference has increased. At first, I was certain I was just going to sell the 163 due to the stiffness, but as the 160 breaks in, I’m not that sure anymore.
Check the camber height. My 164W has a pretty low camber and feels softer in hand than my friend’s 160 that has 2-3 mm more camber rise.

· Registered
378 Posts
I think that comes down to personal preference and use. I haven’t ridden it, but it sounds like it has some centre flex and it isn’t a plank. It’s not all that set back, so I’d probably be looking at the 160… though if you’re going through tight trees, you may not want to go that big. If you want to go fast, go big.

· Registered
2 Posts
I think that comes down to personal preference and use. I haven’t ridden it, but it sounds like it has some centre flex and it isn’t a plank. It’s not all that set back, so I’d probably be looking at the 160… though if you’re going through tight trees, you may not want to go that big. If you want to go fast, go big.
Yeah i pretty much dont do trees at all.. only fresh powder next to the track but mostly on groomers for high speed carving.. so i guess 160 will fit better. Thanks

21 - 25 of 25 Posts