Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Debating on picking up a 2014 K2 Happy Hour (lots of good deals right now), but not sure whether to go with 157 or 154. I currently have a 156 Skate Banana, but I find it's a bit too loose at high speed. 156 feels about right, but I rode a 154 Burton Uninc in the past and it was ok, plus I read Angrysnowboarder's review and he's 175lbs and rode a 154 HH. I'm 5'11", 160lbs tops, size 10 boot, and l'd be using it for all mountain freestyle - slopes, trees, pow, plus a little park. Which would you guys recommend 157 or 154?

On a side note, prior to hearing about the HH, I was considering a 2014 TRS also, but from what I've read the HH is more playful.

Scottie

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think either size would suit you well, the 157 would obviously be better in the deeper stuff and at speed, the 154 would be a little easier for maneuverability and playfulness. I do think you could ride either in most conditions at your weight though so pick what type of conditions you'll be riding the most often and choose from there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think either size would suit you well, the 157 would obviously be better in the deeper stuff and at speed, the 154 would be a little easier for maneuverability and playfulness. I do think you could ride either in most conditions at your weight though so pick what type of conditions you'll be riding the most often and choose from there.
What he said

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, guys. Sounds like 157 might do it. I've been researching some more and I'm also considering a 155 Salomon Villain since the profile is similar, but I heard it's more park-focused board vs the HH. Anyone tried the Villain?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went for the 154 Happy Hour in the end. I was tempted to get the 157, but I talked to a K2 rep and he told me that because of the effective edge of the 154 (117) it would be equivalent to my 156 Skate Banana (also 117) and still be more stable due to the hybrid base. Got a great deal at Christy Sports $259 for the 2014, which was on sale, plus the 10% coupon - 10%more Can't wait to try it out. Keeping my Skate Banana for pow, but will try the Happy Hour in that, too

·
Registered
229 Posts
Awesome, I think either size would treat you just fine. I rode one of the old Rome Artifacts with brass edges in pow all the time, even the deep stuff. It was a 153 (I'm quite sure, may have been a 152) and I weigh on average about 175lbs-180lbs depending on how much liquor is in my belly and I did just fine.

Sounds like you got a killer deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally tried out my Happy Hour at Mountain Creek in NJ on Friday just to check the setup and I have to say it's awesome. Doesn't feel too small at all. It's stable at speed, really playful and poppy, and kind of surfy feeling.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the advice, guys. Sounds like 157 might do it. I've been researching some more and I'm also considering a 155 Salomon Villain since the profile is similar, but I heard it's more park-focused board vs the HH. Anyone tried the Villain?

There's a great review by Nivek and others in the review section you want to check out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts