Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, first post on the forum!

I've been riding a Rome Anthem 158 for the past 7-8 years and am finally(!) looking to buy a new ride.

I'm 6ft. and ~190lbs with a 10.5 boot. All around I liked the way the Anthem rode, though at top speed I felt a little wobbly.

I typically seek out glades and whatever powder I can find. When there's not much, I like to charge it or cruise around the mountain and pop off of rollers and the occasional kicker. I spend little time in the park overall though. I'm a Northeast US rider, so I do deal with a lot of hardpack, so that's a factor too.

The Happy Hour seems like a super fun all around board that packs some pop but seems great for carving as well. Only question is what size? I'm leaning towards the 161 for the extra stability at top speed, but I don't want to feel like I'm trying to turn a boat when I carve. Will the extra 2cm be too much?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Yup and the pointy tips mean there is less effective edge than similarly sized boards (but I think the flat compensates a bit, even the precision baseline)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I had the same dilemma when buying my SL a couple of seasons back. Similar size and riding style. Went with the bigger board and don't regret it. I'm looking at softer circa 155s this season for messing around with beginner buddy days though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts