Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to upgrade from my old board 2006 k2 illusion- dual- pure wood very flexy.
I am 5-9' 175 ride in the rockies- gravitate toward powder conditions. I like trees/trails and ungroomed sometimes mogul steep stuff but tend to avoid ice bc my board sucks for ice. I don't spend time in the park at all. I spend about 2 weeks a year boarding and go annually all over. I'd say im lower level advanced upper intermediate. I don't wipe out much just psych myself out esp if its icy bc I feel unstable, so i think its time for an upgrade.

I'm looking for suggestions for a new board, so far based on reviews the k2 Happy Hour looks like itd be a good fit. Would I have issues switching from so much flex to fairly stiff?

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I actually think you're better suited with the Turbo Dream or Subculture instead of the Happy Hour. You'll get more use out of a directional twin than a true twin for your ridig style and usual conditions. And no, you shouldn't have trouble transitioning to a higher end stiffer board. If anything your riding will get better as the increased stability will inspire confidence.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Theccarbon web is laid a little different. I felt no difference between the years of the Ultra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts