Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just got a K2 Maysis boot on sale. Anyone like em or hate em? Apparently they are pretty popular and pretty good. Thanks.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the Maysis and love them, but mainly because I like the way the K2 Boa works. I also like stiffer boots, but don't really need gorilla stiff in everyday riding, so I thought they were a pretty good compromise. The others posting here are correct, though, that if the boot doesn't fit you'll hate them in the long run. In my case the Maysis holds my heel, isn't too big, and isn't too small/overly tight. EDIT: I wanted to say the original reason I ended up going with the Maysis is because for the flex it was one of the only boots that comfortably fit my enormous arch. Ride and Burton offerings in the same range were crazy tight and uncomfortable on the top of my foot.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I tried a pair in my never ending quest for heel hold. My left food is wider than my right, so the left boot was tight and started to hurt just walking around the house. BA told me I should have tried heat molding them (I didn't).

Never took to the slopes so I couldn't accurately gauge heel hold but it felt good, with the boa liner. Problem is I'm slightly smaller than an 8, but 7 is too small and they only come in 7 (yeah I know 7.5's usually are the same shell with different liner).

I really like the Boa liner though. So I may give these, or the new DC boots a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts