Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just started snowboarding this season and wanted to pick up a cheap used board so i did but cannot tell what kind it is. It is a K2 the top is white with it looks like a mountain landscape in the middle on the front and at the bottom it has a barcode graphic and says 161 wide. Other than that there are no designations of what it is.

Also it has bumpers on either end which i hate but i got a great deal on the board so i cannot complain, what are these for? and why would they be on there? They are riveted on it looks and they are thin plastic.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It's probably a rental board from a resort. That's the only time I've ever seen the "bumper" on a board. I hope you're only paying $10 or so for the board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what i have heard there is nothing wrong with buying a previously rented board if it is in decent condition. I am just a beginner and am in no need of crazy carving, flex, etc.... I payed 50$ for it and am going to throw on a decent set of bindings and boots to go with it then upgrade the board. was that a bad idea? shouldnt any modern K2 be possible to learn on?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think D's comment was more about that it is a rental board and not that it is a K2 board. The "bumpers" are there for all the rooks who rent boards and bang them into doors, steps, etc. and ride them through the parking lot. You got a rental board, will it work? Yes. Was it cheap? Yes. Could you find something better in that price range? Probably not. If you are ok with rocking a rental board, have at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts