Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I need some help, please.

I want to buy this snoboard K2 parkstar model 2011/2012. I found it at a really best prince:215$.

Now. I see that this board have a rocker profile. I also enjoy and like to go in deep snow (free ride, powder etc.). What do you think about that? It will be fun and easy with this board? Have someone tried that with this board?

Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It will do great in pow depending on your size and length your getting. And it will work fine for you on groomers unless you do really aggressive carving or haul ass laps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should be fine, If your still unsure go into a shop and see what size is within your height. General rule for size is between your nose and chin. unless you have a personal preference. Plus its always good to support local.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
A board has little to no reaction to your height. Sure as hell feels your weight though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys..here are some news. My last decision is to buy K2 Turbo Dream.

Now the problem is that. I only find it at 153 or 156. What size I should choose? 3 cm mean really so much?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Where are you riding? How often are you in deep snow?

Size chart says you're on the low end of 156, high end of 153. So it's a pickem based on terrain and intended use.

I'd go 156 since it's not a park board ... but you're probably fine on either one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well there are days when it's a lot of snow. I want to use mostly for powder (off piste etc). But I also really want to use it for learning to jump. To learn tricks like 180, 360 etc,learn some grabs in the air..you know some stuff like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts