Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey for everyone,

I've been snowboarding for 2 years. On my first year, I rent my gears. Last year I bought my gears. You can find the topic which I created last year in my profile. I cannot add the link for my old thread due to insufficient post count.

I have Rome Factory Rocker. So, I used these gears for one year. I am very satisfied. But I relocated to Munich and now finally I have a chance to go pistes with powder and good groomers.

I like my old board but it is not floating on powder. And on powder, my back hurts while trying to lean back. That's why I've decided to change my board. Also, I am not used to Rome Factory Rocker. It has no mercy against faults. :laugh2:

Requirements:
* Directional - Directional twin
* Rocker - Flat (My old board is a hybrid chamber. Want to try rocker or flat)
* All mountain, freeride, powder (I don't go to parks)

So, I narrowed down my new board search to these:

* K2 Party Platter
* Ride Warpig
* Jones Mind Expander

Which one I should prefer for these requirements? Also, if you have another suggestion, I would like to hear and consider, too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Berlin is a great city but only for a few days. Too debauched for me. I'd move to Munich in a heartbeat given the opertunity.
Yes, I agree. I hope you get an opportunity to move to Munich. By the way, do you have any suggestion about bord? Which one I should choose?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Yes, I agree. I hope you get an opportunity to move to Munich. By the way, do you have any suggestion about bord? Which one I should choose?
No sorry I haven't tried a short fatty yet, been tempted for the last couple of seasons and all being well will pick up a Simple Pleasures before I go away in January.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Warpig. Only thing on that list that will fit what you want for 2020 and probably not kill you for your lack of ability.
Is the Warpig is a more forgiving ride if you are still skidding some turns over the 2020 PP or the ME? I know you've ridden all three (and a fuckload of over boards) so wanted to get your opinion on what type of rider each is a better fit for. If you are bored and want to throw the Superpig into the mix that would be cool too!

Also, what rider type/weight/boot size would you recommend for the 142 PP and the 147 PP (now that they released it for 2020).

Thanks! Appreciate all of your hard work man!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts