Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, im looking for an intermediate board for a price of $300 to $400. These 2 caught my attention and i was wondering which would be better for me.

About me:
I really only have the chance to go to resorts so i spend most of my time on groomers. I've tried a bit of park and I like it as much as i like riding groomers. Right now i ride a 2011 sims oath board with a centered stance

Boards:
Raygun
- It has a setback of .75 (i think)
- will it be hard to ride switch?
- will it be a problem if i wanted to try freestyle?

Playback
- Has a centered stance
- Will this board give me a chance to improve?
- Is it really any different than my old board?

Which board would be better for my skill improvement. If these dont suit me well what other boards can fit me? Thanks

·
Registered
884 Posts
Raygun
- It has a setback of .75 (i think)Yep, this make you more stable when going fast and helps float in deeper snow
- will it be hard to ride switch?No, it just feels a little different, once you get used to making the adjustment you will forget about it
- will it be a problem if i wanted to try freestyle? nope

I would go with the Raygun hands down, It will be better pretty much everywhere on the mountain.

If you really want a true twin, which is not really necessary unless you ride even amounts switch and regular, check out the capita outdoor living or defenders of awesome. They are really good boards with lots of tech for the money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts