Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What are your measurements?

I am 6'0", 175 pounds without gear (probably 185 pounds with boots + everything else), size 9.5 boots. The 151 is rated at a maximum of "190+". Based on your experience, should I go 151 or 156?

Thanks!
It's all in the first post

How does it do with straight line bombing?
Very good considering the length, its a short fat so it will never ride like a 164 when bombing though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes only 2 sizes 151 and 156, I really should be on a 151 but I got the 156 for the waist width (27cm) the 151 has a 26cm waist.
If youre worried it wont be enough board for you, can always look at the K2 Overboard, only comes in 165, has similar riding traits to the SP, but obviously not as playful, more of an open terrain rider
How much do you weigh? I am 6'0" 175-185 lbs, 9.5 boot and trying to decide which size to get.

·
Registered
12,540 Posts
Avran..., is this you just showing a tiny little bit of Snowboarding Review "Industry Tension"??? 🤬🤡
I've never hid the fact those guys are fucking kooks and couldn't review a paper bag. I seriously spend about 3 hours a week having to correct the misinformation they give people. Fuck em all with a dirty jack hammer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Which bindings are you guys riding with this board? I currently ride 2015 or 2016 Cartels with the old straps (not hammock). Should I stick with what I have, go with the new stiffer Cartels or something else? I'm partial to Burton bindings because I qualify for a pretty solid discount. Not sure if it matter but I wear TM Two XLT's (stiff) size 9.5.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been riding my Simple Pleasures all morning with double positive stance.
+27 +15
545mm
Now Pilots.
It's really good, even more enjoyable than my usual +21. -6 it just feels more natural to carve like this.
Thanks! I will have to give the double positive a try next season. Sick video btw.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been riding my Simple Pleasures all morning with double positive stance.
+27 +15
545mm
Now Pilots.
It's really good, even more enjoyable than my usual +21. -6 it just feels more natural to carve like this.
I'm sure it will be covered in the forum when I search, but out of curiosity... what is the difference in riding technique when you go double posi vs slight duck? Ankles, knees, hips, etc. Thanks!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts