Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Niseko Pleasures for this season. It’s in my head as something I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm still amazed it hasn't found it's way into my quiver. I'm the first to say I don't need but need and want are two seperate issues here.

As soon as I see one secondhand that may change but they just don't come up which tells me those that buy it don't let them go. There is one here in Aus I have been closely watching at EOS and if it hits a certain pricepoint I might find it hard to resist.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'm still amazed it hasn't found it's way into my quiver. I'm the first to say I don't need but need and want are to seperate issues here.

As soon as I see one secondhand that may change but they just don't come up which tells me those that buy it don't let them go. There is one here in Aus I have been closely watching at EOS and if it hits a certain pricepoint I might find it hard to resist.
Yeah it’s definitely want but not need situation. I have committed to myself though that if I buy it I need to sell off some of my quiver that frankly just doesn’t get touched at all.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Nice review and totally agree! I used the 156 as my daily last winter and it was amazing. Too bad warpig and orca stole all the hype the last couple of years because i think this board is better than both of em FIGHT ME
Look at the SP just crush low angle powder at Breck, I started the run with friends but they are far far behind me because they ride lame ass twins in powder
and of course it carves with the best of em
What makes you say the SP is better than the orca and war pig?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
What makes you say the SP is better than the orca and war pig?

For the most part because it's camber, but also much better built than the pig, and can probably find last year's model cheaper than the orca, they're all competent boards I just prefer camber power

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I feel you on the camber...Depending on how the Niseko performs in the powder I may get rid of my storm chaser because it’s rocker. On the deepest of days would you have any concerns about rocking the Niseko?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Winter is coming...

I'm also super keen to check out K2 this year. Sounds like the Niseko Pleasures is a slightly softer/more playful version of the SP.

I'm looking for a board that's kind of carving/pow focussed (as most of the other boards in my quiver :p) but maybe a bit "more different" to what I already own (amongst others 157 Surfari, 164 Cafe Racer). Ideally would like a tree run board and something generally more playful. I'm therefore thinking the 151 NP could be nice as it's much shorter and also sounds like it's (much) softer than my other boards. The Japan Grabs review however somehow makes me worry a bit that the board has been adjusted to fit the average rider and silly as I am (I know that I'd like something more easy going...) I'm still a bit worried it'd be too "boring"...

The SP is still available so am thinking if that might be a good shout as well, might be sold out soon though and as far as I'm aware K2 has taken the SP out of their line for 21/22.

I'm 187cm / 6'2", 75kg / 165lbs and on a 9.5UK / 10.5 US boot.

Any thoughts which board and size might work best?

And btw, anyone who can compare the SP and/or NP to any of the Koruas? Probably most suitable for comparison would be the Dart and the Pencil. I only rode the Pencil once 2 years ago and really liked it. Was too similar to the Surfari though and I liked that one even more :D. The Dart for me felt a bit instable and too slow turning ultimately to make me buy it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Winter is coming...

I'm also super keen to check out K2 this year. Sounds like the Niseko Pleasures is a slightly softer/more playful version of the SP.

I'm looking for a board that's kind of carving/pow focussed (as most of the other boards in my quiver :p) but maybe a bit "more different" to what I already own (amongst others 157 Surfari, 164 Cafe Racer). Ideally would like a tree run board and something generally more playful. I'm therefore thinking the 151 NP could be nice as it's much shorter and also sounds like it's (much) softer than my other boards. The Japan Grabs review however somehow makes me worry a bit that the board has been adjusted to fit the average rider and silly as I am (I know that I'd like something more easy going...) I'm still a bit worried it'd be too "boring"...

The SP is still available so am thinking if that might be a good shout as well, might be sold out soon though and as far as I'm aware K2 has taken the SP out of their line for 21/22.

And btw, anyone who can compare the SP and/or NP to any of the Koruas? Probably most suitable for comparison would be the Dart and the Pencil. I only rode the Pencil once 2 years ago and really liked it. Was too similar to the Surfari though and I liked that one even more :D. The Dart for me felt a bit instable and too slow turning ultimately to make me buy it.
All good questions! Wish I had the answer for you. I’ve never ridden the original simple pleasures. Felt like the Niseko version would be easier to manage in the trees which is where I spend most of my time. I’m also 140lbs so a super stiff board seems like overkill.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Winter is coming...

I also own a 156 Korua Dart so I can give you some feedback. The SP is a very different board to the Dart, stiffness is similar but the sidecut is very different. Although I have had a fair amount of time on my Dart but I haven't really had it out it in good snow conditions, in fact after spending a couple of days on it riding firm conditions I was thinking of selling it. I was riding the SP in those same conditions and the SP was still fun to ride. I got the Dart out in spring and had a blast on it and decided to keep it, I can see how amazing it will be in powder! Our whole season was spent in lockdown this year so I haven't had a chance to get back on the Dart.

I've already said enough about the SP in my first post but compared to the dart it is more nimble, easier to change direction, suits tighter carves than more drawn out carves and overall the board just feels and rides smaller, kind of like big fish versus small fish.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
Winter is coming...

What about something like the Signal Tailgunner which reading some of @WigMar posts will give you something a little different to the carving decks you have but can also hold its own on and off piste. Sounds like it's a great Pow deck and capable in the trees.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
How does the SP compare to Archetype?

Very different board again, completely different!

I actually don't have any overlap in my quiver of 7 boards so everything is a unique ride. The main standout feature for me with the Archetype is the flex in the tail and how you can kind of change the radius of the sidecut by how hard you drive the tail. Other than that it has a lot of torsional flex and you ride it very centered, it feels like a slightly setback twin to me.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts