Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Very different board again, completely different!

I actually don't have any overlap in my quiver of 7 boards so everything is a unique ride. The main standout feature for me with the Archetype is the flex in the tail and how you can kind of change the radius of the sidecut by how hard you drive the tail. Other than that it has a lot of torsional flex and you ride it very centered, it feels like a slightly setback twin to me.
Yeah I own the archetype So just curious how much overlap I’ll have with the Niseko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Really can’t wait to try carving on this deck. Looks amazing for that purpose. Also curious to see how it performs in the powder and if I’ll feel the need to use my Jones Storm Chaser still.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Really can’t wait to try carving on this deck. Looks amazing for that purpose. Also curious to see how it performs in the powder and if I’ll feel the need to use my Jones Storm Chaser still.

Found a 2021 Niseko pleasure for a really good price. Tempted. There is not much info on it though. How much softer compared to SP? Anyone knows? Is the shape similar? I mean, can we extrapolate from SP reviews? 😀

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Found a 2021 Niseko pleasure for a really good price. Tempted. There is not much info on it though. How much softer compared to SP? Anyone knows? Is the shape similar? I mean, can we extrapolate from SP reviews?
Good review

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good review

Thanks!

Reading that review and some comments in Angry 2018 SP review, I guess NP is close to SP with a softer flex.

How good would it fare on the occasionnal ice patches?

I just bought a 2022 HPS Taka 161, but I have second thought. I fear it is too soft for me (220lbs, east coast). Perhaps the only thing that makes me 2nd thought. I still have 2-3 weeks to get a refund 😀

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Thanks!

Reading that review and some comments in Angry 2018 SP review, I guess NP is close to SP with a softer flex.

How good would it fare on the occasionnal ice patches?

I just bought a 2022 HPS Taka 161, but I have second thought. I fear it is too soft for me (220lbs, east coast). Perhaps the only thing that makes me 2nd thought. I still have 2-3 weeks to get a refund
I’ve never ridden the simple or Niseko Pleasures...but they have camber and I imagine do fine with ice.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
With regards to stiffness and weight I’m not sure. I’m 140 pounds so I have a slightly different perspective.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Angry or @BurtonAvenger is 200 and seem to be fine on the 156 in the simple version. If you ask him in the comments on YouTube he’ll respond typically. Or maybe even answer here!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Angry or @BurtonAvenger is 200 and seem to be fine on the 156 in the simple version. If you ask him in the comments on YouTube he’ll respond typically. Or maybe even answer here!

Youtube might be better. I think BA's last post on SBF was about a year ago.
A comment on one of his recent weekly livestreams would be the best bet, or ask the question during a livestream in the chat box.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I rode mine on ice in this video, it was basically rock hard ice with shaved ice on top. Turn up the sound and you can hear the awful noise.

Top of Perisher Quad to the bottom of Leichardt in 167 seconds.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts