Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whats the width at the inserts on the 156? I wear 9.5 US.

Thanks!

I rode mine on ice in this video, it was basically rock hard ice with shaved ice on top. Turn up the sound and you can hear the awful noise.

Seems good on ice! 😀

·
Registered
957 Posts
Winter is coming...

I'm also super keen to check out K2 this year. Sounds like the Niseko Pleasures is a slightly softer/more playful version of the SP.

I'm looking for a board that's kind of carving/pow focussed (as most of the other boards in my quiver :p) but maybe a bit "more different" to what I already own (amongst others 157 Surfari, 164 Cafe Racer). Ideally would like a tree run board and something generally more playful. I'm therefore thinking the 151 NP could be nice as it's much shorter and also sounds like it's (much) softer than my other boards. The Japan Grabs review however somehow makes me worry a bit that the board has been adjusted to fit the average rider and silly as I am (I know that I'd like something more easy going...) I'm still a bit worried it'd be too "boring"...

The SP is still available so am thinking if that might be a good shout as well, might be sold out soon though and as far as I'm aware K2 has taken the SP out of their line for 21/22.

I'm 187cm / 6'2", 75kg / 165lbs and on a 9.5UK / 10.5 US boot.

Any thoughts which board and size might work best?

And btw, anyone who can compare the SP and/or NP to any of the Koruas? Probably most suitable for comparison would be the Dart and the Pencil. I only rode the Pencil once 2 years ago and really liked it. Was too similar to the Surfari though and I liked that one even more :D. The Dart for me felt a bit instable and too slow turning ultimately to make me buy it.
I’ve missed your post @edi414.
If you haven’t bought it yet and you found it helpful, I can compare K2 SP 156, Surfari 157 (old one) and 161 (the new one) my friends own to your CR 164 I currently keep in the quiver. Rode @snow & pow adventures Dart 156 as well.
In short I’d go 151 SP if you don’t want to overlap the Surfari or the 156 if you don’t care about the overlap since overall it’s a better size for you imo.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wear 9s and the 151 is plenty wide. This is a volume shifted board so it’s wider than traditional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I was more into "is it too wide?" 😀 my riding skill is low intermediate, but progressing rapidly (25-30 days per year). And looking for something forgiving for when I am with my 3 small kids 😀 (low priority though as they will progress quickly).

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I guess I was more into "is it too wide?" my riding skill is low intermediate, but progressing rapidly (25-30 days per year). And looking for something forgiving for when I am with my 3 small kids (low priority though as they will progress quickly).

Cheers!
I would think you’ll be fine because of your weight...also you can move your bindings closer to the toe side edge if you need a little advantage.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I would think you’ll be fine because of your weight...also you can move your bindings closer to the toe side edge if you need a little advantage.

I though I was going to have a problem so actually tried this the first time on my SP. Yuck. The calf bite healside was real. Centered them and everything was sweet.

@Balinus you'll be fine. I'm only getting one week per season at the moment, I jumped on it the first time and it felt like an old friend (despite never having owned anything remotely like it before). Pretty much no adjustment period. I mean it's not a board for sloppy back seat ruddering around. It's designed to be ridden on edge and with purpose but that's how you should be riding anyway. It's got a tight little side cut so riding with the nippers will be just fine - it's not a board that demands to be pointed down the fall line although it can cope just fine when you do.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I’ve missed your post @edi414.
If you haven’t bought it yet and you found it helpful, I can compare K2 SP 156, Surfari 157 (old one) and 161 (the new one) my friends own to your CR 164 I currently keep in the quiver. Rode @snow & pow adventures Dart 156 as well.
In short I’d go 151 SP if you don’t want to overlap the Surfari or the 156 if you don’t care about the overlap since overall it’s a better size for you imo.
Cheers mate as per usual some very helpful insights from you :)!

That was pretty much my thinking too but didnt have the required riding samples to come to a conclusion. Think the shorter version would give me that little bit different riding experience I am looking for. Especially since the SP seems to be a stiffer version of the NP, the 151 SP might work well. Alternatively, the 156 NP...

I was trying to find whether K2 are doing any demos this year in Europe, does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Cheers mate as per usual some very helpful insights from you :)!

That was pretty much my thinking too but didnt have the required riding samples to come to a conclusion. Think the shorter version would give me that little bit different riding experience I am looking for. Especially since the SP seems to be a stiffer version of the NP, the 151 SP might work well. Alternatively, the 156 NP...

I was trying to find whether K2 are doing any demos this year in Europe, does anyone know?
Just my .02, you're gonna want the NP over the SP because of the base, unless you can find an old SP(all black top) they went down to the 4000 on the SP and kept the carbon infused 5500 for the NP, it can hold wax for days! Fast AF too

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just my .02, you're gonna want the NP over the SP because of the base, unless you can find an old SP(all black top) they went down to the 4000 on the SP and kept the carbon infused 5500 for the NP, it can hold wax for days! Fast AF too

101 - 112 of 112 Posts