Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a board that will work well in the pow and also charge and cruise groomers. Narrowed it down to these 2. All opinions welcome.

One other question - is the 2014 ultra the same as the 2013?

Thanks...

·
Registered
288 Posts
2014 CAPiTA BSOD ?

The Ultra was recommended to me this year last time I was in a shop. I was fondling a GNU Beast at the time.

The Ultra's flat underfoot, so I'm not sure how hard charging it is, although I was told "it's a pow board you can ride everywhere".

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Haven't ridden both, but the Ride Highlife is a terrible turd of a deck, imo. Rides like a sharpened 2x4. Powder performance is nothing special.

I'd pick k2 based on how much BA and Nivek seem to love them this year. Maybe k2 bought them hookers. :dunno:

·
The Swiss Miss
7,440 Posts
Haven't ridden both, but the Ride Highlife is a terrible turd of a deck, imo. Rides like a sharpened 2x4. Powder performance is nothing special.
I liked the Highlife :) would have bought it after a day demo it if it wouldn't be so similar to the board I already have.

Guess, it's a hate or love thing. OP, any chance you can demo somewhere? The Highlife is very nice to charge morning groomers, fast, stable, nice to carve. However, in moguls and afternoon crud it's a bit work (read as not nice, tyring). Haven't tried it in pow.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I'd pick k2 based on how much BA and Nivek seem to love them this year. Maybe k2 bought them hookers. :dunno:
Well I got 2 hookers and some blow. All he asked for was some Chip and Dales dancers and some sour patch kids. Whatever I don't judge.

The Highlife is a thoroughbred freeride board. Go fuckin fast, turn twice, drop cliffs.

So if you're looking for a pow stick that cruises groomers awesome definitely the Ultradream.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all...will try and demo early season.

Anyone know if this year's ultradream is any different from last years? Some good deals going on right now for the 2013 model...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts