Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding a 2006 161 K2 zepplin for the last 14 years, I normally get to ride 3-6 times a year. To be honest aside from riding my snowboard I have been pretty out of the loop in terms of snowboard technology, recently I just started to entertain the thought of getting a new snowboard as I'm shopping for one for my wife as well. The K2 subculture has caught my eye I'm 6' 2" about 230 lb and currently ride a 161 Zeppelin, was thinking of going to the subculture 159 wide. My question is... has snowboard technology changed that much since I purchased the Zeppelin in 2006? since I ride so little is it a waste of time for me to spend my money on a new board? over the last three years we just started to ride out west I live on the east coast so if I ride here it's normally up in the ice coast near Boone or banner elk North Carolina or up in Virginia but for the last three years we've been traveling to Breckenridge Park City and this year will be doing tullaride and purgatory.
I just want to make sure that I'm not wasting my money by investing in the new board if my board is still in halfway decent condition and technology hasn't changed that much I do a lot of all-mountain freestyle stuff making jumps out of nothing riding fakie next to my wife buttering around a little bit having a good time while she still learns, we do Anytime occasionally charge down the mountain of she's feeling comfortable, sounds like this is right in the subcultures ball park.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
722 Posts
There’s plenty of new tech but also there are way more camber profiles and flex patterns. In short, a new board will ride different than a board in 2006. I was in your boat 3 years back and was amazed how different boards ride compared to my old camber death sled...I still take that board out though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you thin for all mountain a board like the subculture would be a good replacement? I'm going towards that based off of what it's designed for specs and the fact that I be can get a good deal on the last year's model

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you thin for all mountain a board like the subculture would be a good replacement? I'm going towards that based off of what it's designed for specs and the fact that I be can get a good deal on the last year's model

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you like the feel of the Zeppelin that had titanium forks, you'd prob want something a little more stiff. I rode the Titan, Zep, then moved on to the Slayblade...recently bought the Arbor Annex for out west. I would maybe look at the Broadcast or the Manifest if looking to stay with K2. What bindings/boots are you riding?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts