Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i'v been looking at some boards now and didn't know which is better. I herd a lot of great stuff about the K2's but I have also herd good stuff about the Never Summer's. My question is which type would you perfer? I want to start riding mountain more instead of park, but I would like to have a board that could do both. Thanks for your help.:) And I'm also 5'7, 150lb, and size 11.5 shoe size in US.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hey i'v been looking at some boards now and didn't know which is better. I herd a lot of great stuff about the K2's but I have also herd good stuff about the Never Summer's. My question is which type would you perfer? I want to start riding mountain more instead of park, but I would like to have a board that could do both. Thanks for your help.:) And I'm also 5'7, 150lb, and size 11.5 shoe size in US.
Can you narrow down which model you are looking at? Each company makes over a dozen men's boards each.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Do you mean all mountain? If so where do you ride, is there lots of pow or mostly groomers? Also, your weight and foot size would be helpful.

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
Vague questions get vague answers. I think you should get the ... because it's made by ... and it's so incredibly fucking ... and you will become a better ...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You should get a Burton Feather 148....

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'm 5'9" 155 lbs, and last season I rode a 2009 K2 Jibpan 150 (unfortunately they don't make that board model anymore) as my park board and a 2009 Never Summer SLR 155 as my more freeride-board that I still took into the park. Freeride is the term people use to describe riding the trails and not the terrain park. This season I am riding the Proto CT 154 a my park board, and maybe the Jones Hovercraft 156 or NS Summit 161 as my powder / big mountain board... if I can sell off my Jibpan and old SL.

I would recommend the Never Summer SL 153 or 155 for you which is still pretty darn good in the park as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was in the toss-up between the K2 Happy Hour and the NS Proto CT. I ended up going with the Proto CT for a few reasons:

a) Proto CT looks super sexy in person.
b) It rides bigger.
c) It's harder to ding and chip.
d) It looks sexy.
e) Everybody says it rides like a boss. (I Just bought mine, haven't gotten to test it).

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I was in the toss-up between the K2 Happy Hour and the NS Proto CT. I ended up going with the Proto CT for a few reasons:

b) It rides bigger.
d) It looks sexy.
e) Everybody says it rides like a boss. (I Just bought mine, haven't gotten to test it).
But the happy hour has pointy dagger tips. I would have bought it based on that awesomeness alone. Blunted tips are so last year.

·
Registered
947 Posts

b) It rides bigger.
d) It looks sexy.
But the happy hour has pointy dagger tips. I would have bought it based on that awesomeness alone. Blunted tips are so last year.
Silliest. Debate. Ever.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OP, You should get the Bataleon Disaster. Best all mountain board I've ridden in my life. I swear by it. It's also really cheap. I think it'd be PERFECT for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i was actually debating the same options a few months ago, the new k2 www rocker vs. Nevesummer Evo. very similar boards and after i debated i went with the Evo. couldnt be happier

·
Registered
35 Posts
never summer, no question. only question is which one? Premier f1, heritage or SL is where I would go. since you have a pipe park board, I would get the premier f1, so you have a completely different board, but that is just me.

·
Registered
304 Posts
never summer, no question. only question is which one? Premier f1, heritage or SL is where I would go. since you have a pipe park board, I would get the premier f1, so you have a completely different board, but that is just me.
I'm gonna go ahead and nominate this guy for biggest fanboy on the site!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts