Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a very good boarder, however I don't have a good board and never have had one. Is it good, is there anything I need to know? I was looking at the 2013 version if it helps.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
What are you looking to do with the board. I've ridden one for 3 days. I'm not an expert but can give you my thoughts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I go into the park but I'm not the best at it. I usually do normal runs and go off lots of little jumps I can find.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest I don't really know the difference. I usually just buy cheap Burton boards or rent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a very good snowboarder it is just I have never had enough money to have a nice set up, so I don't know much about the differences in boards.

·
Registered
982 Posts
generally companies websites give a little bio on the board... k2's website is k2snowboarding.com should give you an idea of what the www is about.

help yourself to the information thats already written down. theres also a search option. plenty on the www.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I go into the park but I'm not the best at it. I usually do normal runs and go off lots of little jumps I can find.
Well what do you want to do next? Any board can do normal runs and go off lots of little jumps.

You can get an aggressive board here with a lot of pop. It'll let you go fast and pop off little jumps, hits etc.

Do you want to do rails and butters and boxes? Maybe something softer.

The K2 WWW is soft, easy to ride, but not a noodle (yet). It's soft though. I'm on day 3. I expect it to get softer once it breaks in.

I can go fairly fast on it but once I get some good speed or hit any bumps it gets wobbly. Nose/tail presses so far are pretty easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to work on my park skills. I have jumps done, but I have to work on rails and thin boxes. Then step up to doing nose/tail presses and spins on the them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It is very much so a park board, primarily rails and boxes because of how soft it is. I am no park guy but I know you generally want something at least a little more stable to go off good sized kickers in case you need the speed. If you say you want to cruise around the mountain and pop off jumps you find I would personally prefer something less flexible so I can get more pop(usually the case of stiffer boards) and go faster(more stable, edge digs harder for turns).

If you say you want to advance rails/boxes/presses this'll be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read that you should get one that is 5cm smaller than your usually size. I am going to use this board for like 3 years and I am just starting my big growth spurt, I am using a 155 right now so what size what you recommend? If it helps my older brother uses a 160 and he is done growing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts