Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going on monday? Im going with a buddy. Looks like its going to be pretty good. they got 15 overnight and getting another 15 over sunday. Anyone think its gonna be busy?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, good snow. Nice weather. What ruined it for me was the lines and outdated lifts. Such sick terrain and such slow lifts. I did about 4 red chair runs cuz the wait in the line was too long. Blue chair sucked. Right of red chair around the bowl to the backside was amazing. Ill try going again on a pow day that wont be a holiday. Also, it did not seem like 10cm to me. Some places were wind blown and some had like chest deep.

Saw arsenalfan and torpedo twice, i tried calling but you guys didnt hear. The Jones looks amazing...

Totally considering living on the resort in those houses, that or fernie resort house.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
What really sucks is that we were looking for you. You should have come up and said hello. Torpedo seen you once at the very beginning of the day and you were walking back to your car. We were almost first in line and kept our eyes peeled. You were nowhere to be found. I told you that we would be in the pub. We were there from 11-12. We may be hard on you from time to time, but we were looking to ride a couple runs with you and your buddy. Castle was just ok today. Certainly nowhere near epic. Glad you had a good time. Hope you didn't get stuck on the red chair. Weekdays are best for sure.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What really sucks is that we were looking for you. You should have come up and said hello. Torpedo seen you once at the very beginning of the day and you were walking back to your car. We were almost first in line and kept our eyes peeled. You were nowhere to be found. I told you that we would be in the pub. We were there from 11-12. We may be hard on you from time to time, but we were looking to ride a couple runs with you and your buddy. Castle was just ok today. Certainly nowhere near epic. Glad you had a good time. Hope you didn't get stuck on the red chair. Weekdays are best for sure.
Yeah, i saw you a couple of times. Wasnt sure if you wanted to listen to me baked...

No matter, i had a blast. Next time, WE HAVE TO RIDE. I don't even care no more. Next dump castle gets, and its a week day, im hitting it with my buddy. We got stuck on the red chair for 30 mins, we got stuck in a canyon and somewhere in the woods. I was in the pub at 11:25 looking for you but i didn't spot you. Hit me up next time you guys go, And non of that "this is so weird" shit.

Ill come up with a quick gopro flick. I broke my pole, by hitting my helmet when i cased that horrible step up.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
There is no way that you were in the pub. We sat there for an hour waiting for you to show. Nevertheless, we will hit it up on a real powder day. That wasn't a great first impression for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They been getting snow all week, a bit more tonight. All the boys are heading out tomorrow. Should be a nice soft day! Looking forward to steep lines down north gambler.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm booked up for castle Fri-Sunday.. It's my first time - any advice??
Your screwed, Its gets really busy there. specially now that they got alot of snow. i suggest head to red chair and follow the bowl all the way to the right (looking up to the top). Otherwise, shred hard and stay safe. Oh never drop below blue chair cuz its a bitch to get all the way to the top and theres nothing good below red chair.

·
Registered
55 Posts
On the Haig mountain side, Ghostrider and Ambush glades are always worth checking out, love it in there.

Don't discount the north side off the blue chair, the glades are wicked when its fresh pow time. Otherwise yeah, stick to the red chair. Chutes are great when they are open. Can't go wrong going north or south off the red tho, on pow days everything is awesome. Even on off days, the wind sift makes it like fresh pow every day.

Tons of places to find fresh lines anytime tho, castle is awesome. I love that the shitty slow lifts keep most crowds away and then the wind....well just say castle gets a wee bit of wind lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cheers - I've heard good and bad things about the place but it sounds perfect for what I want. Staying in a remote cabin with my other half and 3 year old boy. He's got day care on site with 2 hours of "snow play" and it's half the price of sunshine. They're forecast for a little dump tomorrow and I'm driving there on Thursday night so hopefully Friday wont be too crowded.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts