Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's cool to see Kemper coming back and trying to get going, but it doesn't look like anything special. I don't understand why they are valuating themselves at 5 million with only $200,000 in total sales, and I don't see anything special about what they are doing other than retro graphics on their topsheets. The Kemper name means nothing to any snowboarder under the age of 30, and we will see if the older crowd that does relate to the brand cares enough to buy one of their boards. It doesn't say what they need investment money for. I could also see them continuously raising money and diluting shares way down. They are going to need more than a brand name that died almost 30 years ago and retro graphics to be successful (it hasn't helped Sims much). I hope they are successful, it would be cool to see Kemper come back. Hopefully they come out with some great quality boards and progress the industry.

·
Registered
194 Posts
IMO North America doesnt need anymore snowboard brands. Now a snowsurf brand - that, we need.
That would actually be interesting as none of the major snowboard players have really taken over that niche market. Some brands offer a snowsurf model, but no one is the go to brand for that product. A boutique brand small scale operation that specializes in just snowsurf might work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That would actually be interesting as none of the major snowboard players have really taken over that niche market. Some brands offer a snowsurf model, but no one is the go to brand for that product. A boutique brand small scale operation that specializes in just snowsurf might work.

Yea there are a few, Elevated Surfcraft being one of them. But I cant get on one of their boards to try.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Who cares...They were around in the beginning, and dried up pretty quick because they sucked. Perhaps if they tried harder to suck less way back they'd still have a following. Aside from the 40-50 years old who can say a Kemper was their first board no one cares. And for being one of the people who can claim a Kemper was my first board; I don't care.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The idea is interesting, but looking it over, it seems like they are leaning HARD on nostalgia/vintage rather than quality or innovation. That spells failure to me. Still may buy a share for the novelty though.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Man I want to like Kemper, I really do. I guess I’m old enough to know but not old enough to care. For me it was always Sims when I was a kid. Im lucky that the last iteration of their boards were great.

·
Registered
62 Posts
No. Kemper used to be based out of Ontario Canada and now its a US company. And Canadians arent allowed to invest - go figure.

I agree if they actually had boards I wanted to buy I would be more interested. Nostalgia only gets you so far when it is t the real deal. The only deck mildly interesting to me is the Apex.

·
Banned
3 Posts
If you want a return on your financial investment, the first thing you need to do is find a project you're passionate about.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I also think that you need to invest money in the business in which you are completely passionate about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts