such a feel good story. good for KP!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That's awesome.

·
Registered
35 Posts
what he says about not forgetting how to ride put a smile on my face, as i went through some medical issues this summer where i forgot just about everything including my own name, my wifes name and my daughters name. the only things i didnt forget were skateboarding, snowboarding and how to drive truck. definatly a feel good story, I hope a speedy revovery to him.

·
Registered
685 Posts
what he says about not forgetting how to ride put a smile on my face, as i went through some medical issues this summer where i forgot just about everything including my own name, my wifes name and my daughters name. the only things i didnt forget were skateboarding, snowboarding and how to drive truck. definatly a feel good story, I hope a speedy revovery to him.
Cool man, glad you're okay! :thumbsup:

The KP story is really great, I'm glad to see him back on a board. It would be cool to see him doing video parts and stuff like that... but it would be tense to see him ride in competitions again.

His doctor said he could snowboard obiviously, but has he made any statements recently about not being able to compete again?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I don't know, but my guessis that he probably doesn't want to compete that much anymore. I think almost dying takes some of that desire out of you. However, I do believe he will be in all kinds of video parts out in the backcountry, not in the park so much. We'll likely see a lot of soul carves from KP in the future. :)

·
Premium Member
7,660 Posts
My son rode around with him at Breckinridge late in the day after dew tour semifinals. He is just happy to ride and said he didn't have that desire to compete anymore, just to ride...

·
Veteran Member
11,568 Posts
I am pretty sure the doctor's told him he can't or "shouldn't" compete anymore. Another blow like that would certainly mean death. I can see him having a career doing the film thing if he wants. It really comes down to how long lasting the injury is and what happens if he takes a shot in the same area again. Sad to say, but he may not have a professional snowboard career anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts