Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any insight as to what conditions one is most likely to experience at KH at the end of March? My nephew is looking at March 29 to April 3.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I'll be in Panorama March 22-27 so i can give an idea around then.

Frankly... it's a crap shoot. History shows snow, but any year/week can be totally off form historic averages. This season has been weird.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not sure about KH, but interior BC (in general) is having a record snow year. Big White just passed their record total snowfall and it's only Feb.

Odds are good that KH will at the very least have a deep base then - just hard to say whether they'll have slushy / spring conditions or if the storms will still be rolling through.

The Freeride World Tour is there right now - check the footage to see how the snow-pack is

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Not sure about KH, but interior BC (in general) is having a record snow year. Big White just passed their record total snowfall and it's only Feb.

Odds are good that KH will at the very least have a deep base then - just hard to say whether they'll have slushy / spring conditions or if the storms will still be rolling through.

The Freeride World Tour is there right now - check the footage to see how the snow-pack is
Yeah Big White and Revelstoke are getting hammered. But Kicking Horse, Kimberly, Panorama not so much.

I was in Kimberly last week, and the snowpack is REALLY low for the season. Kicking Horse is a lot better.

Here's the current state of snowpacks in the area:

Also, Kicking Horse history snowfall for an idea what to expect:

Typically, up to end of March is reasonable to expect decent snow/snowfall. After April, it starts getting dicey........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts