Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,277 Posts

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Cool and what size 141 or 146, its an all mountain board.
If you get lots of powder where you are, I'd get the bigger one.

If you're new to snowboarding maybe the shorter one?

I'm sure others will chime in:unsure:

TT

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Anyone can help on this? Ive been told It wont work cause of my weight.
Won't work is likely an overstatement. You can slide down a snowy hill on anything :). But...it is not a good fit. These boards are designed for smaller kids and, even in the largest size, are a poor choice for 130 lbs. They will of course fit your shoe size (which is important) but it will still end up being a poor compromise for your specs. Top choices would be a narrow men's board with the correct flex for your weight or a correctly sized women's model (if you are open to that).

I would highly suggest going an alternate route and just being immature on an adult board...like the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Aren't kids boards, even in the same size as a small adult board, considerably softer?

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Aren't kids boards, even in the same size as a small adult board, considerably softer?
Every board (adult or youth) is designed for a specific weight range. The board will perform closest to the designer's...design when the rider is centered in that range. These boards are designed for light/lighter weight kids.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The other thing to keep in mind is that Burton kids boards for example even if they are the same as the adult version have different tech and for example the custom and feelgood has a sintered base the kids version has an extruded base.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Won't work is likely an overstatement. You can slide down a snowy hill on anything :). But...it is not a good fit. These boards are designed for smaller kids and, even in the largest size, are a poor choice for 130 lbs. They will of course fit your shoe size (which is important) but it will still end up being a poor compromise for your specs. Top choices would be a narrow men's board with the correct flex for your weight or a correctly sized women's model (if you are open to that).

I would highly suggest going an alternate route and just being immature on an adult board...like the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure it's a girl here posting:giggle: so I can't see her not being open to a girls board:dunno:

[/QUOTE]Im wondering if I can buy a kids board? I am 160cm and weight 130pounds. My boot size is Womans size 7.5[/QUOTE]

This is just me:giggle:, but when I tell someone my my stats, I don't give them my foot size in womens sizes.:cheeky4:

I hope you don't know what size bra you take?:huh:

TT

Explain to me why a kids board is no good based on Never Summers specs please.

Here are the features for the never summer onyx, adult women's board.

Board Features
Low Profile Tip/Tail
Original Rocker Camber Profile
Bi-Lite Fiberglass
Press Flex Core
Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers
Sintered P-Tex Sidewall
Durasurf XT Sintered 4501 Base
P-Tex Tip and Tail Protection
Full Wrap Metal Edge

The only thing the adult version has that the kids one doesn't is Harmonic Tip/Tail Damper HDT

Oh, well clearly that's it right there?:rolleyes: How could an adult possibly ride that kids board, it doesn't have Harmonic Tip & Tail Dampeners:eek:hmy:

The largest onyx mini is a 136cm deck & the smallest regular adult women's onyx is a 140cm deck.

Ready, set, go.

TT

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Looking at the size chart for both the 141 and 146 for that model on evo it recommends rider weighs in the 60/70+ range and although I suppose there is no reason you couldn't ride it with your size (foot size should not be an issue with the 235-242 ww they had) you are almost double the weight I think they intend on the board and it will prolly ride hella soft feeling like others had said as it is intended for a lighter ride. If you are looking at it for all mountain or stiff to charge it will ride more like a park board all noodley. If you are a female I would look at the chick specific boards to find something that is more in your weight range and designed for the intended rider and riding style. I am about your weight and have ridden women's boards anywhere from 140 to 151 but never have ridden a kids board so I don't have any experience beyond that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts